Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3341424344 LastLast

Thread: Hunting picture thread--weak bellies beware!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    That’s one hell of an animal right there. Well done. Did you mount him?

Quote Originally Posted by Colnago View Post
    Attachment 60173

Successful elk hunt on the eastern plains of Colorado earlier this fall (September)
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Not sure how I've missed the existence of this thread. Oh well.

Got this guy last weekend. Hardly a trophy buck, but I'm happy with him and I'm sure he'll taste great. Got him on a deer drive. He came out running as fast as possible, and I barely had time to snap off a single shot at about ~50 meters or so through some dead brush. Didn't realize I had hit him until he plowed into a barb wire fence behind us and didn't get up after being sprung back.

Overall, it was a successful weekend. My wife got her two (another young buck, and a doe), and we ended up taking 6 (our 3, and one each from my younger brother, older brother, and uncle) to the meat locker to be processed.

It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    Lower Alabama

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Hunting picture thread--weak bellies beware!

South Alabama

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "These skills, just like the fundamentals, are not received on birth. They must be taught, understood, and practiced to maintain proficiency. And like martial arts and copulation, they aren't learned from the internet, a video game, or a magazine article." - Failure2Stop

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Results of KS's Whitetail Antlerless season:

Originally passed on this gal because she was thinner than I'd like (seems like all the deer are, due to the summer drought we've had) and because she had two yearling fawns with her. But, when she came back for the 4th time that day, and was the only doe I had seen, she fit the bill. She should be good eating.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-17 View Post
    Results of KS's Whitetail Antlerless season:

Originally passed on this gal because she was thinner than I'd like (seems like all the deer are, due to the summer drought we've had) and because she had two yearling fawns with her. But, when she came back for the 4th time that day, and was the only doe I had seen, she fit the bill. She should be good eating.
    Nice doe, but something about that picture makes me think of Toto I miss the rain down in Africa
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Got this guy two weeks ago. Not the biggest buck by far, but when one presents itself on a silver platter like this one did, you don't pass 'em up.

Feedback Score
    Here's my view from yesterday morning, season opener with my son, my nephew and my brother in law. A couple shots at fast movers and it turned out to be a dry hole so no ducks, but a great time being men in the woods and on the river.

[IMG]9-24-23 2 by Hank Henry, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]2023-09-25_10-37-20 by Hank Henry, on Flickr[/IMG]
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Got this guy this morning. Puts an end to my season. Score two for the M1A.

Really hoping my wife will have some luck now; she's shot at two with no luck.

Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3341424344 LastLast