Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Africa anyone?

Feedback Score
    You can do a decent plains game (antelope) hunt in Africa for LESS than a trophy whitetail here in Texas. Hunting here is beyond my pay grade & I am adequately compensated! While I'm ranting, it is beyond me that anyone would pay to shoot feral hogs. The landowners should be paying to have them shot!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I may have to dust off the Africa files, then....dammit. I gave up hunting in Texas about ten years ago after my old man sold the family ranch out from under me. We had a nice place in Mills County with deer, turkey, dove, and quail. Shit happens, I reckon.

But, yeah...the Africa thing deserves another look. Any place in particular for plains game?
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -- Will Rogers

Feedback Score
    I have some very good contacts in South Africa with excellent plains game hunting. Affordable and comfortable accomodations. If you are interested in more info feel free to contact me.

Rob

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    You can do a decent plains game (antelope) hunt in Africa for LESS than a trophy whitetail here in Texas. Hunting here is beyond my pay grade & I am adequately compensated! While I'm ranting, it is beyond me that anyone would pay to shoot feral hogs. The landowners should be paying to have them shot!

This is something Ive never understood here. They complain about the things tearing their crops up and then expect you to pay them to remove their problem. Its like me charging a pest exterminator to come remove a bee hive or ant colony from my yard.

If they want to treat the pigs on their property as a commodity to be sold (hunting for a fee) then they shouldn't be complaining about the damage they are causing. They should be breeding them and encouraging more to come for more hunters.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I hunted in Namibia 13 months ago. Will go again. It's unlike anything I've ever done in the states. Took 11 head of big game. Would have been 20 but I had a zero issue, went cold and missed Jackal and Baboons and a Warthog.

Feedback Score
    THe more affordable hunts in Africa tend to be game farms or even canned hunts. Do your due diligence.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    That is true in RSA perhaps but how big does the fenced area have to be before its sporting again? The Save is 700,000 acres behind high fence, IIRC, who would call that a canned hunt?

Feedback Score
    My friend Johan Human of Buffelspan Safaris will be visiting the US in two weeks. We plan on having some get togethers for folks interested in hunting South Africa. If anyone is interested in hearing more about the experience of going there to hunt you are welcome to join us. As soon as I get a firm date (s) I will post them and location. There will be probably three areas Marietta OH, Akron OH area and New Martinsville, WV that we will be getting together.
    Feel free to contact me directly if you are interested.

Feedback Score
    Canned Hunts

Hunting threatened species like lion and elephant.
    The poor boys and girls just want to eat and survive in this harsh world. How could anyone hurt a pretty lioness or regal male lion?

Now taking down species that are ample like wildebeest and cape buffalo is a different story. Particularly for food. The cape buffalo is actually responsible for more human deaths than all the meat eaters combined to the best of my knowledge. Just like hunting deer or bird here, by all means go ahead and eat. But why hurt a threatened species unless it really is self defense?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Red face

Hunting is the best thing for them. It gives each animal monetary value rather than making them pests.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast