Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: Vickers Tactical AK Class - South Hill, Virginia

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Wayne777 View Post
    That's surprising. In our class it was the guys with red dots who were pretty much beating the snot out of the poor bastards using irons. (Templar was the exception...he seemed to be capable of death-ray like accuracy with the AK irons. He managed to win one of the walkbacks with iron sights...a walkback that had us walking back a very long way...)

Believe he is talking about EoTechs specifically. The high bore sight relationship created by the use of the Eo seemed to cause a few problems. I initially looked at that set up myself, but went with the the Aimpoint due to how much lower it sat on the gun.

Bulldog1967 Guest
    I was the guy with the Eotech, and yes it consistently made me shoot low because of the "chin weld" necessary to use it. I'll either be switching to the aimpoint and a low mount or just staying with irons, (which is what LAV suggested).

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrolAR View Post
    Believe he is talking about EoTechs specifically. The high bore sight relationship created by the use of the Eo seemed to cause a few problems. I initially looked at that set up myself, but went with the the Aimpoint due to how much lower it sat on the gun.
    Good to know...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1967 View Post
    I was the guy with the Eotech, and yes it consistently made me shoot low because of the "chin weld" necessary to use it. I'll either be switching to the aimpoint and a low mount or just staying with irons, (which is what LAV suggested).
    My EOTeched AK went TU 5 rounds in with a bad FCG. I too will be switching back to Irons.

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930