Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daniel Defense S2W barrel profile: Are they gonna make a 16" version?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Daniel Defense S2W barrel profile: Are they gonna make a 16" version?

So I've been eyeballing the DD S2W barrels. It's got everything I want except it's 18" instead of 14.5-16". Any harm in having a reputable company chop a couple inches off & re-thread so I get the length I want? Or should I just stop being picky & buy the govt. profile in 16" instead?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I was looking at them a while back and had asked the same question. IIRC, they had them, but they weren't on the site, you had to call and ask for one.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bp7178 View Post
    I was looking at them a while back and had asked the same question. IIRC, they had them, but they weren't on the site, you had to call and ask for one.
    Seriously? That's really good news. Thanks. Makes me happy. Been wanting one like that for quite a while.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So my 16" 5.56 S2W barrel came in the mail today. I must say this thing is a work of art. A real beauty. Can't wait to get the gun assembled & run-in!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Post some pics when you get that bad dog built!

I think that is one of the more intresting barrels on the market.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Forward of the gas block I don't think you'd notice it from a pencil barrel.

I noticed that these barrels have been finished on a lathe, or at least it appears that way. Instead of the typical hammer-forged surface texture there's what I recognise as a lathe-tooling surface texture.

I wonder why DD hasn't listed these anywhere yet?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    IIRC the hammer forging just forms the chamber, lands and grooves. The outer surface would still have to be turned down.

It was over six months ago when I had emailed them about it, I'm surprised they haven't been listed.

I was also told the profile is slightly heavier than a government, but should be good for 1-1.5 MOA with good ammo. Very good accuracy for a chrome lined barrel.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm used to a stainless hbar varminter so by comparison this feels like a featherweight.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    The profile just looks like how every barrel should be.

Be sure to post some info about the S2W barrel. I'd be courious to know how heat effects it.
    Last edited by bp7178; 08-27-11 at 03:04.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Would you expect the heat effect to be better or worse?

What else do you want to know about it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast