Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: MOE Carbine handguard light mounts

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAMBONE View Post
    TheTick- does that mount allow you to use the push button without changing your grip, too much?

Mistwolf and USMCvet- that Battlecomp option seems ok, but
    1-I would have to buy another X light and I have 2 G2s that aren’t being used for anything.
    2- That Mount seems like it would be hard to operate without a remote switch.
    3- I have soft hands and don’t want to get burned.

This is a budget build (cleaning out the parts drawers and using up gift cards and catching Christmas and Black Friday sales), but it will still need a light and sling. I think the IWC mount with a G2 is the way I will proceed. Thank you for the info guys.

Anyone have a source for G2 led conversions and clicky tail caps?
    I have a couple of G2's I did the same thing with. I don't remember where I bought the LED heads and tailcaps. I think it was the LGS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    TheTick- does that mount allow you to use the push button without changing your grip, too much?
    Sorry for the delayed response.

That mount didn’t make me change my grip at all to push the tail cap. But, my grip at the time was to have my four fingers pulling back on the vertical mount and my thumb pointed forward and going up the ramp of the light mount. This grip required me to barely move my thumb forward to hit the tail cap and I didn’t (and still generally don’t) do the momentary activation thing. Just turn it on, do whatever, turn it off.

I really like that it gets the light up high and close to the bore as I found, for me at least, that there was way less barrel shadow when searching a building than when I’ve had prior lights mounted to either side or below the hand guard.

Full disclosure: my primary work rifle has a 13” rail with a protach-hlx rail mount at 1 o’clock with a momentary/constant tape switch at 12 o’clock behind my front flip sight. I do really prefer this set-up as I can drive the gun from target to target much faster and more precisely. But, my grip has now changed to my thumb-over and my index finger running along the 9 o’clock rail pointing the sane direction as the muzzle. I still have a vertical grip way out toward the front, but that’s used for positional and barricade shooting.

Short story: I ditched the set-up in my pictures above when I bought my 6920 and modified it.

Sorry if that was way more information than was requested/needed.

YMMV.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    These babies from Battle Comp work as long as you have a FSP and they come with an X300! https://battlecomp.com/product/suref...mount-package/

Does Battle Comp even carry them anymore?
    https://arisakadefense.com/products/...1913-fsb-mount
    The Mossie is my preferred mount for this application, they work especially well with the SL MOE handguard.

IWC is my next choice.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Does Battle Comp even carry them anymore?
    https://arisakadefense.com/products/...1913-fsb-mount
    The Mossie is my preferred mount for this application, they work especially well with the SL MOE handguard.

IWC is my next choice.
    No sure. It's not in stock. At that price the mount was free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Mistwolf and USMCvet- that Battlecomp option seems ok, but
    1-I would have to buy another X light and I have 2 G2s that aren’t being used for anything.
    2- That Mount seems like it would be hard to operate without a remote switch.
    3- I have soft hands and don’t want to get burned.

This is a budget build (cleaning out the parts drawers and using up gift cards and catching Christmas and Black Friday sales), but it will still need a light and sling. I think the IWC mount with a G2 is the way I will proceed. Thank you for the info guys.

Anyone have a source for G2 led conversions and clicky tail caps?
    There are gobs of LED conversions on eBay that get good reviews and likely do work ok, but considering the budget part the conversion cost is likely getting in to Streamlight polytac and protac territory which seems to be a known quantity.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I tell ya what worked for me, strangely, was a simple shotgun barrel/extended tube clamp. I clamped one end right in front of the FSP and clamped the other on an old G2 flashlight. Great, low-profile option for 11:00 or 1:00, hasn’t given me any trouble for the years I’ve used it.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boy Scout View Post
    I tell ya what worked for me, strangely, was a simple shotgun barrel/extended tube clamp. I clamped one end right in front of the FSP and clamped the other on an old G2 flashlight. Great, low-profile option for 11:00 or 1:00, hasn’t given me any trouble for the years I’ve used it.
    Yeah sure but this is 2019 for Pete's sake and we've come a long way in mounting lights to weapons.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've used Yankee Hill 45* offset and now Magpul Offset aluminum M-Lok. Works really well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345