Thread: AR15 Work in PNW

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

AR15 Work in PNW

When I get back I want to put a Daniel Defense Lite FSP rail on my rifle and probably do a battle comp at the same time (16" barrel). It's not a task I want to do myself nor do I want to let any random shadetree "gunsmith" do it either. Are there any reputable places to get this sort of thing done? Any idea what kind of cost to expect?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by J8127 View Post
    When I get back I want to put a Daniel Defense Lite FSP rail on my rifle and probably do a battle comp at the same time (16" barrel). It's not a task I want to do myself nor do I want to let any random shadetree "gunsmith" do it either. Are there any reputable places to get this sort of thing done? Any idea what kind of cost to expect?
    I think Rainier Arms in Auburn WA installs stuff for you when you buy parts from them. They have for me.

http://www.rainierarms.com
    Last edited by BrianS; 08-25-11 at 16:29.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Where exactly are you located?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm in Tacoma but I am willing to drive Seattle/Spokane/Portland distance for a reputable shop

Feedback Score
    I'll second Rainier Arms, they've done work for me in the past and I've always been pleased.

Feedback Score
    Go to Surplus Ammo and Arms, right behind Tac. Tailor.

Feedback Score
    Truthfully, I don't trust any of the shops out this way. Rainier seems to be a pretty big and well respected name but I've seen too many of their rifles not work or have things wrong with them. I do all the work myself. If you don't know how to do it, buy the tools, learn or have someone teach you. You'll be better off in the long run.

Feedback Score
    I like Rainier a lot, and have gotten great products and service from them in the past. Fred @ CAR Firearms in Tukwila, WA has been good to me to. He is a solo operation out of his house and took good care of me when I was installing new sights on my G19 (he loaned me his tools, showed me how to do it, let me do it, then did not charge me for his time... I'll be by again soon Fred). You can check out his FB page to.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Rainier is great but the gunsmith at West Coast Armory is excellent too, has really good prices and fast turnaround.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    I've used both Rainier Arms and Fred at CAR Firearms in the past.. Work from both was done quickly and is top notch.