Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CZ bolt action carbine...7.62x39

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Very tempted to pick up a little 7.62x39 bolt gun and set it up identical to my .458 as a trainer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Dub View Post
    I'm thinking this would make a sweet cheap to shoot bolt action to hunt with and keep in the truck.

Put a weaver 1-3x scope on it and call it good. Does anyone have one? Will it cycle steel cased ammo?

http://www.cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-527-carbine/
    The CZ carbine is one I've got to have, but right now, I can't decide between 223 or 7.62 X 39. I'm leaning towards 223 so as to have a flatter shooting, more accurate round that can reach out a bit. Am I wrong? Anyone? TIA

Feedback Score
    I've got two 7.62x39 bolt guns. A CZ 527 carbine and a Ruger Hawkeye compact. I bought the 527 to have a bolt gun to shoot inexpensive ammo. I couldn't leave well enough alone and bought dies, brass, and bullets. I've gotten loads under MOA.

I don't like the magazine on the 527. I put a weaver 1x3 on it and like it for the price. The irons shoot high at 100 yards and I haven't bothered to get a taller front sight yet. The action is the perfect size for 7.62x39.

If I'm feeling lazy and don't want to reload it is nice to be able to grab a couple of boxes out of the stash and just go shoot. Mine has a preference for Golden Tiger, just over MOA. Good enough for practicing. Shoots all of the steel case stuff just fine, but most of the wolf stuff is 3-4 MOA

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Ok digging this thread up.

I'm still thinking about this micro bolt gun, for a different reason though.

CZ 527 in 6.5 grendel (barrel swap).....that would be the bee's knees!

If anyone has one, please post up some pics and your thoughts.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I ended up with a Ruger Hawkeye African in .223. Looks and feels like a classic express rifle but fires .223 on the cheap. 1/9 twist barrel & short action. There is a guy over on Accurate Reloading that has had several 527's rebarreled. He uses Lothar-Walther barrels which can be ordered chambered and threaded for the 527. He is a fan of 6.5 Grendel. There is currently a Group Buy for 527 actions in the works.

Good luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12