Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Emergency Ready, You've PreLoaded Your AR15 Magazines with what AMMO?

Feedback Score

Your Emergency Ready, You've PreLoaded Your AR15 Magazines with what AMMO?

I'm trying to figure out what ammo would be best (overall) to load my magazines, purchase a case of it, and practice with the remainder.

Scenario:

You have your AR15 ready for a SHTF/The Collapse/EOW (or whatever). You may have to 'bug out' or stay and defend your turf. What ammo have you preloaded your AR15 magazines with and why.

Thanks for your input.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    IMI M855. Reasons: it's decently accurate in my rifle, and the best I have...
    Sent from the future using Squid Telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Good Factory Ammo milspec ammo. Usually 193. MR isnt a precision rifle, I'm not worried about loads, grains and what not.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm still in the process of collecting ammo and mags for the SHTF. I have a few mags of Hornady TAP FPD and a few mags of Hornady TAP Barrier. All mags are marked on all sides with what kind of ammo they contain. My pistol is loaded with Hornady Critical Defense and I have Winchester PDX1 boxes on the shelf too.

I'm also looking forward to the responses to this thread...see what everyone here prefers.
    ATTENTION: What you just read may very well contain sarcasm! Judge me accordingly.

Feedback Score
    Either NATO spec M193 or M855.
    But what then is capital punishment but the most premeditated of murders, to which no criminal's deed, however calculated it may be, can be compared? - Albert Camus

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    TAP T2 and Fusion

Feedback Score
    I don't think anyone taking a 5.56 is gonna complain about whether it was 45 grain or 77 grain. All of it will do the job. The key is to know what you have and the characteristics related to that load in that particular weapon. Knowing that your particular rifle is reliable with that load is first and second, knowing how accurate it can be.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    my AR is loaded with 64gr .223 Gold Dots. I have a few spare mags of those. Everything else is M193

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a few magazines (about 5 or so) of 5.56mm TAP T2, but the main share of my ammo stash is IMI M193. It is simply outstanding ammo.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    3 OD pmags w/ Black Hills 5.56 50gr. TSX
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 08-28-11 at 00:40.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast