Thread: Noveske KX3 & LaRue Rail

Feedback Score

Noveske KX3 & LaRue Rail

This is my first post here. I do not know if these questions have been posted here before but I need help with some info.

Will a Noveske KX3 fit (at least partially) under a LaRue FF Rail? I am planning to buy a 10" La Rue rail for a 10.25" barrel, and I am wondering if there would be a problem with it. What is the exact length of the rail? Is it 10 inches?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    Below is what a KX3 will look like on an LMT 10.5 barrel with a LaRue 10.0 rail. I'm assuming that if you are using a 10.25 barrel, then the KX3 will be an additional .25" underneath the rail, though I don't know if you'll have enough clearance for a wrench to fit between the end of a rail and the rear of the KX3.

Feedback Score
    Molsen,

Thanks for your post and for the pictures. I knew there were no problems with LaRue 10" + 10.5" barrel + KX3.

You are right. I believe that I would only have 0.25” left to screw the KX3 to the barrel, assuming that the FF is actually 10” long. One alternative is to affix the KX3 first and then attach the rail, but I do not know if the KX3 fits under the LaRue. I know it fits under a Daniel Defense FF rail, but I am not sure about a LaRue. The other alternative is to find another way to securely tighten the KX3 to the barrel. Perhaps, I could even use a crush washer to give me more room....

Feedback Score
    The KX3 will not fit underneath the LaRue rail. If you can't get a wrench of some sort to fit between the rail and KX3, (I used a Craftsman and had lots of room), then try a strap wrench wrapped around the KX3.

Below is a pic of my 10.5 SBR w/ LaRue 10.0 (bottom) and USMC03's 11.5 w/ LaRue 11.0. The KX3 is much closer to the end of his rail than mine, but we still had plenty of room to get a wrench in there to remove/install his KX3. When in doubt, have a professional install it.

Feedback Score
    Yes. I will most probably end up using a strap wrench for it. I will post a picture of mine as soon as I finish it.

I appreciate your help and comments. Thanks for the pictures. Awesome looking guns!