Thread: SAAMI prints for .277 SIG Fury

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

SAAMI prints for .277 SIG Fury

https://saami.org/wp-content/uploads...2020-11-11.pdf

80,000psi, 16”bbl, 135gr@3000
    The case dimensions look similar to what you would get if you blew the should forward on a .270-08 and give it an “improved” angle. The case body is about a tenth shorter than a 6.5x55 or 7x57. Same max COL as other .308 based cartridges.

This one looks a little more interesting, from a commercial perspective, and I didn’t think it would be. It looks like it would have a bit more case capacity than .260 or 7-08, so it should get pretty close to .270 from similar overall length hunting rifles at normal pressures. That would make an excellent deer cartridge, like most anything from .243 to 30-06. Maybe. I doubt it’s enough different to justify its existence (in a ~65,000psi bolt gun) but maybe the gun-buying public will carve a niche for it. Perhaps it’ll be a good long-range cartridge in a bolt gun.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I doubt it’s enough different to justify its existence (in a ~65,000psi bolt gun) but maybe the gun-buying public will carve a niche for it.
    What about an 80kpsi bolt gun? Is that viable?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    What about an 80kpsi bolt gun? Is that viable?
    I was hoping someone smarter would answer by now. I don’t know and can only speculate that it would be on par with cartridges of similar capacity, at either pressure ceiling. Which strangely enough don’t exist in this bore. I have a tinfoil hat thing about that.