Hello. Just got account activation and wanted to give an intro. I've been lurking and reading site and learned quite a bit in a short time. I'm prior service armor and got rid of my weapons when I had kids. They are old and so am I. My intended goals are to get back into shooting sports and home defense at the same time. I read THE CHART, and "the best optics for you " post. I basically want a quick drawing, CQB weapon as simple as makes sense. I'm probably not a candidate for expensive optics, but a lo-light site with good FOV that helps me find center of mass easily will work. I am checking my laws in CT to see how short an upper I can use, and am contacting local dealers for their input. I'm trying to get as close to a pistol as I can while enjoying the rifle capabilities. I'll continue to read and search, and try not to ask too many dumb questions. I know this process is not toy buying, and an M4 may not be my weapon in the end, but it's the only platform I have any experience with, so I'm going with what I'm comfortable with. Great site , bright folks, hope to learn a lot and maybe contribute in my own way. TIA,

Sean