Page 223 of 345 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223224225233273323 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,230 of 3443

Thread: Welcome to M4C/Intro Thread

Feedback Score

New Ar Owner

All,

Been shooting for years. Carried an M-16 in the service but that is about the extent of my experience with this type of weapon. I have .22 plinkers and an SKS on steroids, a few shot guns and 1911 and 9 mm. I am a an avid motorcyclist.

I am looking forward to learning all I can about my new 6920 magpul

Where do I look for the best optics? I have a cheap scope UTG I think it and a leapers red dot , but I want quality for this weapon. Not sure of a holo type site is best or a scope. Or just leave it alone and run the sites that came with itI know there are people here with tons of knowledge.

Scott

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by srccolt6920 View Post

Where do I look for the best optics? I have a cheap scope UTG I think it and a leapers red dot , but I want quality for this weapon. Not sure of a holo type site is best or a scope. Or just leave it alone and run the sites that came with itI know there are people here with tons of knowledge.

Scott
    Welcome!

In terms of red dot sights, Aimpoint has set the benchmark. Any of their offerings will be good. Depends on the size you're looking for.
    If you're looking for magnified optics, leupold has several good AR scopes in a decent price range.

Your best friend here will be the orange search button. Throw in a couple key words in the search bar and you'll find pages of info.
    happy shooting

Feedback Score

Thanks for the pointers.

Feedback Score

Newbie optics question

My guess is based on past shooting experience, 100 yards is about it.

Feedback Score
    All,

Scott
    I just bought EOTech XPS2-0 Sight- 65MOA Ring / 1MOA Dot for my 6920 over at http://www.sportoptics.com/ who has just about anything you would want for very competitive prices.
    Born to change, not chains.--Pb

Feedback Score

Eotech sight

How do you know which unit is best. how do you determine the proper sight height needed?? I see 7 mm rise standard rise ??? I am confused.

Scott

Feedback Score
    How do you know which unit is best. how do you determine the proper sight height needed?? I see 7 mm rise standard rise ??? I am confused.

Scott
    Actually I'm not sure how to make the determination except to read as much as you can. I saw the Eotech set up on a LE6920 and since I have an Aimpoint already on another rifle, I thought I'd give Eotech a spin. Everyone seems to have their own likes, so it comes down to personal preference. I already had an Eotech magnifier, so I wanted to see how the combination works for me. I don't think height will make a difference with flip up iron sights. Good luck, Scott!
    Born to change, not chains.--Pb

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Re: Welcome to M4C/Intro Thread

Scott
    The 7mm riser on the EOTech EXPS series gives you a lower 1/3 co-witness & has a quick release mount. The XPS series does not have the riser or quick release & has absolute co-witness to the iron sights. The Aimpoint Pro co-witnesses a little higher than lower 1/3. Both are good RDS optics. The Pro has better battery life but I prefer the EOTech's reticle & FOV. That is personal preference.
    For more info on co-witnessing there is a sticky in the optics sub forum. Happy researching & welcome.

Sent via Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Like Ryno12 said, this really isn't a thread for optic questions, but rather for brief intros.

srccolt6920, welcome to M4C. There are a lot of very good threads to read in the Optics sub-forum. They can save you a great deal of time and possibly money as well.

Feedback Score

First off thanks all for the welcome and the information I will post to the correct topic folders in the future. AS a new person here trying to sort through 1000's of posts for a specific topic can be difficult. I guess the search button and I are going to become good friends!

Scott

Page 223 of 345 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223224225233273323 ... LastLast