Page 281 of 345 FirstFirst ... 181231271279280281282283291331 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,810 of 3443

Thread: Welcome to M4C/Intro Thread

Feedback Score
    Hey everybody just wanted to introduce myself and make a first post on m4c. I am from NY and live in a communist state full of liberal democrats!!(i know a few other states have my issue too) They would love nothing more than to repeal 2A. I signed up here because I'm an enthusiast starting to acquire parts for my first ar build and like to get ideas and research from other members builds and see what works and what doesn't thru others trial and error.

I am on a couple other forums and have feedback there same username on all the other forums I won't mention because I've noticed no one else does.

Just to be clear, I would like to let every know just because I live in NY, I am not communist but live in a state that is...btw liberal democrats please don't pm or email me I'd rather pay retail or more then chat or deal with you!

Thanks for reading my first rant/post

Frankie

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Sounds like you are off to a good start!! What part of Texas are you from? I was born in East Texas, but now am in what I like to call the armpit of Texas.... Central....Only because there aren't any trees here! Land isn't priced by how many acres as it is how many trees it has on it! Hood was my last duty station and I stayed in the area. Anyway , I think it's time you take that next step and build an AR. You will learn more about that weapon building it from scratch than you will sitting in a box at the range. Not saying range time isn't needed - I believe a certain type of range time is very important - but if you really want to be self-reliant you should know how to repair/replace every part on your weapon. My 5 cents!
    I was born in Irving and currently live 20 minutes south of downtown Dallas. I spent most of my childhood, thru the age of 21, in AK and CA, then moved back to TX. Spent almost 20 years in Austin then recently relocated to the Dallas area.

I agree that a build is in order. I'm a machinist by trade and I love the simplicity of the AR. The tinkering I've done with my two rifles has only scratched the surface, but I understand most of the fundamentals.
    Honor Necessity

Feedback Score
    Howdy y'all. First post here, but I have passed the big six oh, so I don't call myself a newbie anymore! Born in Ca. but lived in Florida since Jesus was a baby. Ultra conservative, so glad I don't have to put up with the crap the poor gun owners in Ca do. I smell trouble afoot for our country, and decided I need more protection and have settled on the AR format. I have lurked in forums, read for a month and decided to assemble one. When I found the Anderson Rifle and their RF85 treatment, I researched and decided they are a decent rifle and my choice. For around a grand I can get a decent setup (minus optics). Have to buy complete uppers and lowers, so assembly is just putting them together and adding exterior goodies. Less than what I wanted, but have a friend who will help me tear down and reassemble. Now I just have to decide on a 16" or a pinned 14.5". I have a really f**ked up back and want to keep as much weight/mass close to the body as possible. Not ready to go thru the SBR process cause I have the cash now, and don't want to wait for BATFE to process.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadelic View Post
    I was born in Irving and currently live 20 minutes south of downtown Dallas. I spent most of my childhood, thru the age of 21, in AK and CA, then moved back to TX. Spent almost 20 years in Austin then recently relocated to the Dallas area.

I agree that a build is in order. I'm a machinist by trade and I love the simplicity of the AR. The tinkering I've done with my two rifles has only scratched the surface, but I understand most of the fundamentals.
    I live in Temple, north by about 45 min. from Austin. Wow, you have the ability to do a lot of fun things being a machinist! I had a client in NJ that had some really big CNC machines. They made stuff for the medical field, little metal parts that went into IV's, things like little tweezers and other tools that docs use. The tolerances on those tools were amazing. They had one machine made in Japan. When they bought it, (for around $500,000) the designer of the machine, an elderly Japanese man came all the way from Japan and trained them on it. It has some kind of insane tolerance of .003 millimenter (I think, maybe it was micron?) I know they had a video camera whereby you could watch what they were actually making with the machine, because you couldn't tell with the naked eye. Amazing and super interesting! Of course walking through the plant, all I could think of was the cool stuff I could make if I was a machinist! lol
    Again- welcome to the forum. I didn't mean to come across like you were a total noob.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Copspop View Post
    . When I found the Anderson Rifle and their RF85 treatment, I researched and decided they are a decent rifle and my choice. For around a grand I can get a decent setup (minus optics).
    Howdy back at you sir! I run a couple of Anderson lowers and an upper and I really light their parts. Even on my Anderson lower and BCM blem upper, the fitment is just perfect. I think you will be very pleased with their products. I would really like to hear back on how the RF85 goes for you. Hard to imagine a weapon that will never, ever need lubing...
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Think it's bout time I throw up a post in here for a formal introduction. It's a little self servicing, but, what the hay.

My name is Tim, local of Nort'-East Minnesota. I live in the City that the wolf's snout points to. I grew up with a great mix of background. Grew up an urbanite whom had family with land slightly outa of town.

The town I live in was deemed Number One for Outdoor Activities this last year, maybe the year prior, so I had my fair chance to get acclimated to ventures. I hunt, while still fairly novice I have bagged a few deer, birds, and small game in the past (let's not forget the few 'yotes that have tried to go after my Chicks too!).

As of current I reside off a small plat of land just large enough to be considered private, right outside of my home town. I've been into the AR platform since watching good'ol history channel on the Stoner Rifle and the impact it's been to our military history. Since then it's been gunsmithing books and research. I am a youngin, at the age of 24, I am a white collar worker of a large company, but have worked in machinery and heavy equipment (maintenance and usage, only small manufacturing in a "We're going to fix this to work better out of our shop.") I worked for an equipment rental company and have logged over a thousand hours behind those machines. My primary focus of employment, thus far in my life, is customer service. Been working in a Customer Service Field since before I was 16.

Now I log more hours behind a computer, and not enough on a treadmill.

Alas, I have spent some time getting to know some on here, have performed a couple transactions on the EE, and (attempted to) provided any bit of knowledge I can. The amount of knowledge/information I have absorbed, however, has been crazy (thank you all for posting your problems, and thanks those who help solve them even more!).

I am a proud owner of an AA-15 (Adams Arms, I know a piston gun for my first) as my first AR15, and thus I reference my experience with that most commonly.

I have experienced and used DI, and hope to complete a build of one in due time (with the intention of showing start to finish in a post on here).

All-in-all, I am happy to be here, happy to get to know you all (well, most, let's be honest), and I hope to build my experience with these platforms even more.

Thanks for letting me post this, not sure what all it will truly do, but hopefully it will explain a bit of my background as to who I am and where my upbringing lies.

Feedback Score
    Hi, I'm Wes. I joined here years ago, lurked off and on, and have read waaaaay more than I've even thought about replying to. To me, this place is the corner-carvers of gun forums, and that should be taken as high praise.

As I've gotten away from competitive driving, competitive shooting seems to be something that would scratch that itch, and that's why I've come back. I'm in the process of building a couple of BCM mutts and am eager to keep reading and researching the knowledge base to prep for the next steps forward.

Thanks to all of you guys for building a solid community and having a wealth of information living here for research and review. It's very much appreciated.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by weargle View Post
    Hi, I'm Wes.
    Hi Wes, How far along are you with your builds? I too have been the recipient of the "Encyclopedia of The Gun" that this forum is. If you took all the knowledge in these pages and threads it would probably fill a dump truck. I just recently re-read a thread by my friend Docsherm on chest rigs. If you don't have one or want to make sure you have a good piece of kit, or learn just about everything you can about that part of your kit. I highly recommend it.
    What kind of competitive driving were you involved in? I've never raced competitively but my friends and I used to pretend like we were on some old desolate dirt roads back in East Texas. We were drifting like nobodies business long before they decided to make movies about it.
    Welcome to the the fun of posting and I'd like to hear about your builds and hopefully see the your "mutts" soon. I just finished up my 2nd mutt a couple weeks ago, and painted it myself. That was more fun than it should have been and if caution you about painting your AR.... IT'S ADDICTING!!!! Lol

Robert
    ~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Hello from Oregon. Been on TOS for a while and am a regular at Wevo, figured I may as well complete the trifecta. Not LE or Mil, just your average dude who likes to shoot... A lot... Mostly here to share pictures. Would love to find some more people from my area to shoot with, just moved to Grants Pass.

Feedback Score
    Hey Folks, new member here from Wisconsin. I have been reading on this forum for years and finally decided to join. I consider myself fairly familiar with the AR platform but every time I come on here I am humbled by the amount of knowledge present among the members of this forum. I have been interested in hunting/shooting as far back as I can remember and besides the tactical rifle stuff, I also enjoy clays, archery, long(ish) range rifle, and pistol shooting. I have a couple AR builds under my belt and am now getting into the NFA stuff a bit going forward. I currently work law enforcement in a fairly rural area and am also an AR-armorer. Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Page 281 of 345 FirstFirst ... 181231271279280281282283291331 ... LastLast