Page 282 of 345 FirstFirst ... 182232272280281282283284292332 ... LastLast
Results 2,811 to 2,820 of 3443

Thread: Welcome to M4C/Intro Thread

Feedback Score
    Oh hey, there's an introduction thread. I guess it would be right for me to join in.

Hello I am David. I am in southeast Iowa, 31yo. Our motto is "Our liberties we prize and our rights we will maintain" despite being a non-NFA permissive state.

I have recently been feeling an increased desire to seek high-quality training in the martial use of firearms. Cost is not an issue but being unable to take much time away from work limits how far I can travel. The reason I have not got any real training yet is because my body has been recovering from getting all wrecked up working in a slaughterhouse; not very long ago I could not shrug an empty barbell. I am here because this seems to be the "go get training" forum.
    Last edited by Fluffy Bunny; 02-16-16 at 16:27. Reason: type fail

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Springfield View Post
    Hey Folks, new member here from Wisconsin. I have been reading on this forum for years and finally decided to join. I consider myself fairly familiar with the AR platform but every time I come on here I am humbled by the amount of knowledge present among the members of this forum. I have been interested in hunting/shooting as far back as I can remember and besides the tactical rifle stuff, I also enjoy clays, archery, long(ish) range rifle, and pistol shooting. I have a couple AR builds under my belt and am now getting into the NFA stuff a bit going forward. I currently work law enforcement in a fairly rural area and am also an AR-armorer. Looking forward to getting to know you all!
    Springfield, let me welcome you to M4C, it's the place to be if you want to be around folks in "the know". I'm not one of those yet, but I can for certain tell you how to break a vise while putting on a muzzle brake. Not sure how many men can put their name to that claim, (Or how many would even admit it if they did.) but I managed to do it. If anyone asks you if Del-Ton barrels are tough as nails, you can tell em ol' Texas told you they are in fact tougher than nails.

lol anyway welcome to the forum, thanks for serving as an LEO, and there are some good NFA threads here that I've read and you probably have already found.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocity2006 View Post
    Hello from Oregon. Been on TOS for a while and am a regular at Wevo, figured I may as well complete the trifecta. Not LE or Mil, just your average dude who likes to shoot... A lot... Mostly here to share pictures. Would love to find some more people from my area to shoot with, just moved to Grants Pass.
    Welcome Velocity I think most of us here are dudes (and dudettes) who like to shoot... So welcome
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the warm welcome ol' Texas. I got a chuckle out of the vise story as well!

Feedback Score
    Hello everyone. I'm Frank from Phoenix. I bought my first AR last month and have been to the range with it a cou0le of times. I didn't know much about them, but decided it was time to find out. I don't post much on the other forums I belong to and will probably not post much here, but like to read and gain knowledge.

Thanks for listening,

Frank in Phoenix

Feedback Score
    Hello from Milwaukee, WI! Not new to AR's sold my first after i ets'd from the army in '08. Finally got back into the game this year with a BCM 16" upper and a complete BCM lower.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I posted a page or two back, stating I was going to purchase an Anderson rifle AR but now i am having second thoughts. I had done some reasearch and thought they were a better than average and I really like the RF85 treatment, then I started reading about issues with the lowers. So with political things being what they are with POTUS possibly really screwing up the already disfunctional and partisan supreme court, and the outside chance that we get a second amendment hater in office, I think maybe going the route of building an 80% lower. It looks easy enough and I like that type of a project, and not being visible to the feds appeals to me more and more as things progress or slide downward, depending on your perspective. Going to the gun show next weekend, and may still buy a gun, but I will definitely be ordering up a jig and at least a couple lowers. Talking to a buddy and he wants in too. So off I go to research my choice for the lowers n jig.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Hi Wes, How far along are you with your builds? I too have been the recipient of the "Encyclopedia of The Gun" that this forum is. If you took all the knowledge in these pages and threads it would probably fill a dump truck. I just recently re-read a thread by my friend Docsherm on chest rigs. If you don't have one or want to make sure you have a good piece of kit, or learn just about everything you can about that part of your kit. I highly recommend it.
    What kind of competitive driving were you involved in? I've never raced competitively but my friends and I used to pretend like we were on some old desolate dirt roads back in East Texas. We were drifting like nobodies business long before they decided to make movies about it.
    Welcome to the the fun of posting and I'd like to hear about your builds and hopefully see the your "mutts" soon. I just finished up my 2nd mutt a couple weeks ago, and painted it myself. That was more fun than it should have been and if caution you about painting your AR.... IT'S ADDICTING!!!! Lol

Robert
    I autocrossed for the better part of a decade.

One build was slapping a BCM Recce middy on a PSA lower built with a G2S trigger, BAD safety, takedown, pivot and mag release extension and BCM furniture finished with a H2 on a LaRue mount. The other is replacing my Stag upper with another BCM middy that has a LaRue rail coming in soon. Optic tbd, likely an XPS. That too has a G2S thanks to Black Friday 2015.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Copspop View Post
    I posted a page or two back, stating I was going to purchase an Anderson rifle AR but now i am having second thoughts. I had done some reasearch and thought they were a better than average and I really like the RF85 treatment, then I started reading about issues with the lowers. So with political things being what they are with POTUS possibly really screwing up the already disfunctional and partisan supreme court, and the outside chance that we get a second amendment hater in office, I think maybe going the route of building an 80% lower. It looks easy enough and I like that type of a project, and not being visible to the feds appeals to me more and more as things progress or slide downward, depending on your perspective. Going to the gun show next weekend, and may still buy a gun, but I will definitely be ordering up a jig and at least a couple lowers. Talking to a buddy and he wants in too. So off I go to research my choice for the lowers n jig.
    What kind of issues did you read about? Was it specifically with the RF85 treated lowers? I'm running two Anderson lowers now, and about to get a 3rd for a build I'm doing for a friend. I haven't had any issues at all with fit or function. My first AR runs both Anderson lower and upper, my second runs the lower with a BCM upper. Both marry up tight as it should with zero issues. I also have a very close friend who just did an 80. It was an Anderson 80 and I've handled that weapon quite a bit - the fit and finish is as solid as any other AR I've fired. Mil spec should be Mil spec and I think they are pretty spot on.

I'm not saying these things to disagree with you at all - just to understand what any potential issues there could be. Also, I've heard great things about the Ares Arms lowers and their jig kit. I believe they have a couple of videos, of course I know it's not as easy as they make it look, but I was more interested in seeing the jig parts. I believe they even supply a couple of bits that are pretty expensive alone. Might be worth a look if you haven't already.
    ~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    New guy. Picked up my first AR a couple weeks back. FNH Military Collector M16. Put on a Vortex Sparc II red dot and a Vortex 3x magnifier behind itIMAG0585.jpgIMAG0576.jpg
    You are the Universe experiencing itself.

Page 282 of 345 FirstFirst ... 182232272280281282283284292332 ... LastLast