Page 285 of 345 FirstFirst ... 185235275283284285286287295335 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,850 of 3443

Thread: Welcome to M4C/Intro Thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chlanders View Post
    Hi y'all. So happy to join your group!
    SOMEONE BRING OUT THE GOAT !!

know The Basics At A Superbowl Level. (I Think Larry Vickers Said That...)

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Hi, everyone. I just "built" my first AR last week and I want to say thank you to everyone here for what I learned lurking and reading. My rifle is a basic BCM 16" lightweight middie upper and bcg on a Sabre Defense stripped lower (bought in 2008 lol). I used a BCM buffer tube kit with H buffer and an ALG QMS LPK to complete the lower. A Troy folding rear sight, an Aimpoint Pro and Magpul CTR, MOE grip and Moe handguards finished it off. I shot 140 rounds Friday with my wife, sighting it in and just shooting. I do ramble, I know. Pics will be posted in the pic thread when I have them (although does anyone really need to see another basic 16" middie and a reddot?)
    Thanks primarily to this site, I put a very solid, light, and smooth little rifle together with zero regrets or buyer's remorse. I had the buis and dot both zeroed in less than 20 rounds, the rifle runs like a champ, my wife liked shooting it, and I am still blown away how well it turned out.
    A little about me; retired Army, settled in N. Alabama and working on my second career. Married a great woman 26 years ago and have 3 wonderful (and grown sons). My oldest boy just signed into his first duty station at Camp Legune as a combat engineer. I have always been a gun nut, it just took me a long time to warm up to owning an AR.
    Really good build. My wife's family is from Decatur and I grew up in B'ham/Lincoln. We now live south of you.

Feedback Score
    Hey Fellas,
    I am new to M4C, and also had been lurking for a few months until i signed up. I am a Combat Vet and fell in love with the M16/M4 series rifles at the onset of my Military Stint. I always liked to believe I knew some shit when it comes to my weapons system. Well every time i come onto the sight i learn more and more. I appreciate it, thanks again!

Frank
    LT "ok men onto phase 4 of the operation, using our ANA counterparts were gunna SOFT KNOCK on the TALIBAN COMMANDERS front door............
    ME Sir did you just say TALIBAN COMMANDER?
    LT Yes
    ME you mean were gunna stop 300 meters out and J-DAM his house right?
    LT No J-DAMS, SGT Frank your squad is lead on this one.

C co 1-24 INF REG
    25th INF DIV
    IRAQ 08-09

A co 1-41 INF REG
    3rd IBCT 1st AD
    AFGHANISTAN 11-12

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 11B3P25thINF View Post
    Hey Fellas,
    I am new to M4C, and also had been lurking for a few months until i signed up. I am a Combat Vet and fell in love with the M16/M4 series rifles at the onset of my Military Stint. I always liked to believe I knew some shit when it comes to my weapons system. Well every time i come onto the sight i learn more and more. I appreciate it, thanks again!

Frank
    Good to have you Brother. I'm in the same boat too - I thought I knew a thing or two about my weapons...until I decided to build one. Then I realize I knew jack. Maybe less than jack.
    You still in?
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    No Sir no longer in, after six years and two children and two deployments i left active duty in 2012. then finished my reserve time in 2014. Had the time of my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Good to have you Brother. I'm in the same boat too - I thought I knew a thing or two about my weapons...until I decided to build one. Then I realize I knew jack. Maybe less than jack.
    You still in?
    LT "ok men onto phase 4 of the operation, using our ANA counterparts were gunna SOFT KNOCK on the TALIBAN COMMANDERS front door............
    LT Yes

C co 1-24 INF REG
    25th INF DIV
    IRAQ 08-09

A co 1-41 INF REG
    3rd IBCT 1st AD
    AFGHANISTAN 11-12

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I understand that. I spent 15 yrs AD and ETS'd an SFC. Wouldn't trade my life as a soldier for anything. My MOS didn't give me a job skill that I could use when I got out, but Uncle Sam taught me a lot about life and people. Especially people.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    I enisted as an 11B at 27. I had a career in the Pipe Trades before i enlisted. My maturity did help me get Promoted a little quicker than my peers. What i learned about dealing with people was PRICELESS. And now that im out and work in the Pipe Trades is so hard to come by. Ive decided to use my "Service Learned Skills" and become a LEO. Huge pay cut but i miss being involved if you know what i mean. really dislike being a civilian. Im even talking to the NG right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    I understand that. I spent 15 yrs AD and ETS'd an SFC. Wouldn't trade my life as a soldier for anything. My MOS didn't give me a job skill that I could use when I got out, but Uncle Sam taught me a lot about life and people. Especially people.
    LT Yes

C co 1-24 INF REG
    25th INF DIV
    IRAQ 08-09

A co 1-41 INF REG
    3rd IBCT 1st AD
    AFGHANISTAN 11-12

Feedback Score
    New guy from the land of dictatorship, or as some of you may know it, New York State.

Working on building my first AR and accumulating parts right now. Obviously there are some restrictions being in NY, but one can certainly be built around the absurd laws we face here.

Looking forward to learning more, liking the site so far.

Feedback Score
    New from Komifornia. Finally completing an AR Build. I had started one in the late nineties, but got backed up on other projects and work, so my receiver sat. Found out a couple years later, that in my hiatus my Bushmaster XM-15 lower had become "Banned By Name" here in Cali, since I was unaware that it needed to be registered in 2000, was a felony waiting to happen. So I ditched that lower. Decided to start another recently, and bought an Anderson Lower and upper. Almost finished now. Just need to visit my gunsmith and have the front sight pinned, and get a BCG and a few small parts.

Last edited by LowThudd; 04-17-16 at 19:15.

Feedback Score
    New member from Virginia, not new to the M16/Ar15/M4 platform. Recently purchased a Smith and Wesson MP SPORT 2, taking advantage of the professional discount, making it a great bargain for an AR15 with a great warranty, and the under $600 out the door price. I am retired, and this will be my last hobby. Looking for a Colt LE 6920 OEM1, which will be my "build" AR.

Page 285 of 345 FirstFirst ... 185235275283284285286287295335 ... LastLast