Page 3 of 345 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to M4C/Intro Thread

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Newb Intro

Hello. Just got account activation and wanted to give an intro. I've been lurking and reading site and learned quite a bit in a short time. I'm prior service armor and got rid of my weapons when I had kids. They are old and so am I. My intended goals are to get back into shooting sports and home defense at the same time. I read THE CHART, and "the best optics for you " post. I basically want a quick drawing, CQB weapon as simple as makes sense. I'm probably not a candidate for expensive optics, but a lo-light site with good FOV that helps me find center of mass easily will work. I am checking my laws in CT to see how short an upper I can use, and am contacting local dealers for their input. I'm trying to get as close to a pistol as I can while enjoying the rifle capabilities. I'll continue to read and search, and try not to ask too many dumb questions. I know this process is not toy buying, and an M4 may not be my weapon in the end, but it's the only platform I have any experience with, so I'm going with what I'm comfortable with. Great site , bright folks, hope to learn a lot and maybe contribute in my own way. TIA,

Sean

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cavgun View Post
    Hello. Just got account activation and wanted to give an intro. I've been lurking and reading site and learned quite a bit in a short time. I'm prior service armor and got rid of my weapons when I had kids. They are old and so am I. My intended goals are to get back into shooting sports and home defense at the same time. I read THE CHART, and "the best optics for you " post. I basically want a quick drawing, CQB weapon as simple as makes sense. I'm probably not a candidate for expensive optics, but a lo-light site with good FOV that helps me find center of mass easily will work. I am checking my laws in CT to see how short an upper I can use, and am contacting local dealers for their input. I'm trying to get as close to a pistol as I can while enjoying the rifle capabilities. I'll continue to read and search, and try not to ask too many dumb questions. I know this process is not toy buying, and an M4 may not be my weapon in the end, but it's the only platform I have any experience with, so I'm going with what I'm comfortable with. Great site , bright folks, hope to learn a lot and maybe contribute in my own way. TIA,

Sean

Welcome!

C4

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Gladly take a moment to say hello and welcome.
    "Facit Omina Voluntas = The Will Decides" - Army Chief

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Ct Laws

I just returned from a dealers place and he gave me the scoop on CT laws. What the hell happened to the Constitution!!?? I have been out of the loop, so I was shocked at what I could and could not own. No folding or collapsible stocks, anything under 16" requires paperwork, magazine limitations, WTF? It's easier for me to get a CCP for a pistol than to get carbine with a 11" barrel and collapsing stock! As a matter of fact, I can buy a pistol with no CCP and as long as it stays in my house they can't do a thing about it. I was pissed at stuff before but now I'm outraged! I wonder if I go to Indiana, and get what I want and then ...Blue helmets and Crown Vics in the driveway I don't need. Now I have an issue to check candidates against. As a law abiding citizen I should be able to purchase whatever I want. I know you guys have been fighting this battle while I slept for the last 15 yrs, but what recourse do we/I have? The fact that I have to file Gov't paperwork and provide them with a trail to my guns when the final shoe is dropped scares the shit out of me. I should not have to fear my own Gov't. And it should not fear me. I now realize more than ever how important paying attention to these issues. It's more than just owning black rifle. I thought this would be fun for me, a hobby I enjoy. But this reserch and discovery of mine has made me angry and depressed, if not feeling helpless. I may never own a gun, but I will support our rights and stay informed and participate any way I can. I'm writing the NRA a check right f-ing now. Any thing else I can do? It always gets down to politics, I just wanna live free. F-ers.

Feedback Score

Checking In

Goodmorning! Checking in to say "hi".
    MAC
    **Lead, Follow or Get Out of My Way**
    25TH ID/125TH JTF-90 OUD
    40TH BGDE/18TH CAV BRT
    3RD ID/29BCT/1-184TH AA IN OIF3
    2/415/1 BCT

Feedback Score
    Garry Owen

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Feedback Score

FNG Intro

Just joined...I see alot of familiar names from various forums.

I guess I'll give the requisite bio...

Been full time LEO since 1993 with a local Municipal agency, but just got hired by a State agency. Was on my dept.'s SWAT team for 10 years until this last summer (assaulter/sniper team leader). Also a firearms and patrol rifle/subgun instructor and attended Colt's M16 armorer course. Also rode Motor's for 4 years and was an FTO for 6 years. Looking forward to my new assignment as an Enforcement Agent for my State's Alcoholic Beverage Control Board (sure beats night shift patrol ).

I haven't been able to put as many rounds downrange in the last 6 months or so as I used to, and I can definitely tell I'm geting rusty...hopefully that'll change soon.

Hopefully I can contribute some info here and learn alot more.

Thanks!
    Kevin

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Everybody's got to get that first post out of the way, and yours looks like a winner.

Welcome!

Chief

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Page 3 of 345 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast