Page 340 of 345 FirstFirst ... 240290330338339340341342 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,400 of 3441

Thread: Welcome to M4C/Intro Thread

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Welcome, hell I'm new also. 😁

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm having a hard time finding threads or articles about gas rings. Search keep showing just popular threads. I'll keep searching & learning this here internets forum thing. BTW anyone run their bolt long after it fails the gas ring test where it collapses under weight of carrier? Not colt test, where bolt falls out of carrier test

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeBobJoe View Post
    I'm having a hard time finding threads or articles about gas rings. Search keep showing just popular threads. I'll keep searching & learning this here internets forum thing. BTW anyone run their bolt long after it fails the gas ring test where it collapses under weight of carrier? Not colt test, where bolt falls out of carrier test
    Welcome to the party Pal!

I don't think that rule is completely true, if it runs okay and there is still plenty of meat on the rings you should be good. If you look at the stickied threads under the AR Tech section you will find lots of great info there.

I recall someone saying that due to poor crome jobs inside of bolt carriers this causes excessive or premature wear of rings. Not that the rifle can't still function... But it will fail that test pretty early in the life of the rings.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thank You!

Funny you mentioned bad or rough spots on chrome lining. The carrier I'm talking about has a dull spot on the chrome, that is near the cam Pin hole, I can't see how it looks in the gas ring run. But I just got it 2 months ago, from PSA it's a premium blemished on sale. I was gonna send it back, but I may run it a bit longer to see how it does. I have other PSA bcg's & their fine. I had a gas key with two broke screws fall off on a Spikes bcg, it never stoped running. Spikes sent a new bcg before I sent the old bcg back.
    Thanks again.
    God, Family, Freedom.

Feedback Score
    Hello from Tucson, AZ. Picking up where I left off. Said another way: Back for More.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Welcome guys, its good to have you here.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Hello from Colorado. Been reading lots on this site for years but finally signed up. Lots of useful, intelligent information here. I came to get some opinions on optic choices! I posted in optics tho.

Feedback Score
    Hello all.

Been a long time lurcker finally made an account

I'm LionHead over on rockslide and 24hourcampfire forums for about a decade. Lots of good transactions there

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Welcome fellas!
    Lots of great people and information here!
    Buckaroo
    "It is better to be a Warrior in a Garden than a Gardner in a War"
    Let's use the First Amendment to protect the Second so we can avoid using the Second to protect the First.

Feedback Score

Hello From NE

Hey Everyone,
    I've been reading this site regularly for quite some time now and, before I go any further, I just wanted to tell you thank you for all of the great information so many of you take the time to post.

I've been a shooter for over 50 years. I can't even guess how many Remington 700's I've owned over the years. They were my obsession for a long time. Particularly those chambered in my favorite caliber, 300 Win Mag followed by. 308 and. 223 respectfully. The Remington 700 trigger was easy to massage into a nice, clean 3lb break. I'd usually free float the barrel then work up a pet load and shoot for groups. I enjoyed the hell out of it but it seemed like when I got one really dialed in and shooting well I'd invariably get bored with it, stick it in the safe and buy another. That's one of the reasons my ex-wife is now my ex-wife.

The AR Bug bit me hard last fall. I was in just shooting the bull at my LGS and the topic of the upcoming election came up. I, like most of us, was a little worried about what bs gun laws might be heading our way. I didn't own any Black Rifles but had been interested in them. There were none on the racks of the shop but I'd known the owner (now deceased. Pancreatic cancer) since I was 5 years old so I asked him "Willy, you wouldn't happen to have any AR's tucked away wo you?" He replied "I might for the right person." I guess I qualified because he had me follow him to a little room inside the back room. He had them stacked head-high on three walls. I knew nothing about which brands were best but he handed me a Ruger AR 556 box, grabbed 2 mags off the shelf and I was out the door for $600.

I took it home, gave it a thorough cleaning and lube then took it out the next day and shot it. By the fifth shot I was hooked. In the past year I've bought and sold 3 other commercially made rifles. They were sold to finance new builds. I worked for years as a finish carpenter and had always done my own auto repair, welding etc so building my own really appealed to me. Unlike the 700's, I don't get bored with these. If I want, there's always something I can change on one. I just this week finished one- a Spikes build. It's perfect to my eye and there's not one thing I would change about it. For now.

I've probably written too much but that's my journey in a nutshell. I don't usually say anything until I I have something relevant to say. It's up to those of you who read this to decide if the above qualifies.

Again, thanks for all the help in building and for just the general great information and conversation I find here. I do appreciate it.
    Last edited by Slingin'Lead; 01-16-22 at 11:32. Reason: Additional information

Page 340 of 345 FirstFirst ... 240290330338339340341342 ... LastLast