Thread: KAC SR-25 Match as a SPR?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

KAC SR-25 Match as a SPR?

I was recently in one of the LGS and they had a KAC SR-25 with a smooth free float handguard tube. From what little I found online this is the "Match" model. They had it stickered at a little over 2k. Are these built similar to the standard and EMC models, or are they a pure target gun? Im thinking about picking it up to use as a SPR type rifle.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    all of the older 7.62 guns, including a match with a carbon handguard like the one youre talking about, Ive had the chance to shoot were extremely accurate.

They were also a lot more finicky than current production. I personally wouldnt want one for anything more than a collectors item or a clean enviorment range toy.

that said, I have both the EMC and the EMR, and they are miles ahead of the previous generation guns.
    Dont sweat the small stuff.

If youre not taking fire, its all small stuff.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt_Overide View Post
    all of the older 7.62 guns, including a match with a carbon handguard like the one youre talking about, Ive had the chance to shoot were extremely accurate.

They were also a lot more finicky than current production. I personally wouldnt want one for anything more than a collectors item or a clean enviorment range toy.

that said, I have both the EMC and the EMR, and they are miles ahead of the previous generation guns.
    Thanks, thats exactly what I was wanting to know.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"