Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Any K-Frame love, here?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It's a strange thing...

My favorite wheel to run is my 6" chromed colt python. Hands down. I have one.

I have 2 K frames. And like them almost as much as my laser beam colt.

My pre k(6") and 16(2") are strange birds. They get better the more I run them.

Guess which ones see more rounds?
    Last edited by fixit69; 03-16-12 at 23:45.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fixit69 View Post
    It's a strange thing...

My favorite wheel to run is my 6" chromed colt python. Hands down. I have one.
    You chromed a Python???

I have 2 K frames. And like them almost as much as my laser beam colt.

My pre k(6") and 16(2") are strange birds. They get better the more I run them.
    You have a 2" Model 16????

Guess which ones see more rounds?
    Off hand, I'd guess none of them......

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Wait... let me pull my foot out of my mouth and your sword from my stomach.

As far as the python goes:
    Nickle. Thought they chromed in the seventies, and I didnt do it, factory ordered. This was my fathers and it means more to me than any other weapon.

Yes I have a 2" 16. I have 2 airweights with the same barel. And NO, the 16 is NOT factory.

And the smiths see much more time, but since I'm not the ultimate superninjawheelgun master Mr. Miciulek would be jealous of that you obviously are I bow to you greatness.

Feedback Score
    I also have a soft spot for classic K-frames. I've got an addiction to the 2.5" 19/66's. I've got seven of the darn things (three 19 blue, thee 66, and a 19 nickel).

Here's an early pic of some of the collection:

Left upper is a 19-3 with Sambar Stag grips and a Tyler-T, left lower is a 19-4 with Ahrends, upper right is a 64-2 2" with Ahrends, lower right is a 66-2 also with Ahrends, middle is a 37.
    Last edited by Compuvette; 04-07-12 at 10:54.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

A Keeper

I purchased this one new in 1992 - a Model 66-3 with a 3-inch barrel, manufactured in June of the same year. I purchased the S&W combat stocks at the same time, and had the pinned red-ramp front sight changed out for a post style sight - which renders a crisp sight picture.

When I saw it in the showcase 20 years ago, I had no intention of buying it because I already owned (and had owned) quite a few S&W revolvers. But as soon as I picked this one up and give it a look-over, it caught my attention; cylinder timing is perfect, the cylinder locks up tight with the hammer cocked, and there is zero play in the yolk. It is the best timed, tightest S&W revolver I had ever seen - straight from the factory. It has proven exceptionally accurate with the few rounds of 125 grain JHP .357 rounds I have put through it.

It's still a safe queen - hasn't been fired in 18 years and has never been carried, but it still gives me goose pimples every time I pull it out of the safe to admire it.
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights

Feedback Score
    That 3 inch 66 is beautiful . I have a 4 inch 66, a 4 inch 19, and 2 inch 10. They all see some range time, my wife uses the 10 as her house gun. Love the K-frame.

Feedback Score

MY MODEL 64

As,I believe,Clint Smith said.."wheel guns are real guns". I presently own only 1 revolver, a Ruger 2.25" SP101 357 I purchased new last year. GREAT gun, but I do wish still had my old duty gun... an S&W Model 64 3" RB . I had it bead-blasted,charge holes chamfered....then SOLD it when I switched to a(free) Glock 19. I MISS that Smith. NO dopey lock, super accurate...iI'M GETTING MISTY-EYED!
    Last edited by old grunt; 05-23-12 at 18:00.
    "WE DEAL IN LEAD FRIEND.", Steve McQueen,THe Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)/OIF 2007-08
    Colt Gov't & OM / G19 & 26/SP101
    Retired NYS LEO/NRA Life Member

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    The picture of the 3" model 66 pains me. I also bought one in around 1991-92? Great gun.

My ex-wife grew attached to this gun and ended up with it when we were divorced last year.

Don't miss the ex-wife. Really miss the 3" model 66!

Feedback Score
    19-4s. Love those K frames!!

Feedback Score

mine's a nine

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789