Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Any K-Frame love, here?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Haught View Post
    My first issue duty gun was a 4" M19. I was only one of a couple students in my Academy class with an autoloader (1911) so Im dating myself a little and all of us trained with the academy S&W"s. Ive owned a gaggle of K frames since then. My favorite by far. I credit Ken Hackathorn for my interest and ability in revolver shooting. We still occaisionally have a revolver day at the range. We have a whole new generation of shooters who have never experienced them and are losing out on half the fun. I would say my two favorites are my 3" 66 and 3" 13
    I love revolver and am going to see you in Oct. with Ken.
    You can run my gear i will bring some to share.
    WWW.SUPERIORFIREARMSLLC.COM
    10111 Production Court
    Louisville ky. 40299
    502-365-2244

Former VSM Regional Endorsed Instructor

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Here is my only K frame but I love it!

It's a great shooter.

Aw, c'mon, now! Look out for a brother, man, c'mon, yeah. Check this out: why don't you let me get a sip for fifteen cents?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Way before I was hired, my agency issued 4" Model 19s. We keep one at the port for "familiarization" I guess. It has the smoothest trigger in the world. I'm going to find a way to be able to shoot the damn thing.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I've only recently begun shooting revolvers having come into a 6" 1986 686 back in May. Decided that a K-frame might be a nice addition to my collection led me toward finding a nice 4" 1971 19-3 earlier this month. I'm already in love with it and has one, if not the nicest double action triggers I've ever used.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hill View Post

A little something for everybody...
    Except for a K-Frame.
    NOT in training for combat deployment.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just picked up this 10-5 yesterday. The trigger is very smooth and it locks up tight. Cant wait to try her out tomorrow.

C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    Just picked up this 10-5 yesterday. The trigger is very smooth and it locks up tight. Cant wait to try her out tomorrow.

I'm betting you'll shoot little tiny groups.

These sure do....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The guy I picked it up from said it was very accurate. I have been wanting a model 10 or 64 (same but stainless right?) for a while. I feel they are a fantastic woods and defense handgun. I had a model 15 that was really nice but it always seemed like the rear sight would eventually drift a little.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    I love the K-frame's smooth action but I could never get the trigger reach I wanted. I always ended up with an offset grip just to get the first joint of my finger on the trigger. This was with a round butt and service stocks. Shooting with a two-handed grip, it wasn't a problem. SHO was a real pain in terms of getting consistency.

I liked the size of the Detective Special/Police Positive Special family better but I never got along with Colt's idea of a DA pull. If Smith could make a .38+P D-frame sized gun, 3 to 4-inch barrel, 6 round capacity, I'd get three of them pronto. Sadly, that's not going to happen given what it costs to make a round gun.

J-frames on the other hand, fit me well.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I'll tell you why I finally broke down and paid the asking price (too much) for a 2.5" 66. Ever since I saw the Clint Eastwood movie, "The Gauntlet", I wanted one. Clint's alcoholic, burned out cop character carried one of those. I wanted it more than the Dirty Harry's model 29.
    I have a great soft spot for the 2.5 and 3" barreled S&W model 19/66's, this one I consider a great prize as it was liberated from rabidly anti-gun south Australian forces, it was virtually unused by the Aussie police agency that procured it in 2005....pictured wearing to different sets of stocks, Hogue Bantam, and Eagle secret service...
    Last edited by Denali; 11-21-11 at 21:54.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast