Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: upper and lower too tight?

Feedback Score

upper and lower too tight?

I have a Rock River lower and Daniel Defense upper. I tried fitting them together to see what kinda wiggle room there was but found them to be too tight. When I finally muscled in the front take down pin, I had to use a rubber mallet to get the other half of the upper down and a couple more pounds in the front to have it sit in properly. I had to pretty much do the same thing to remove them as well. Are they just that tight because they are brand new? Will the 2 halves eventually "break in" and split like a normal AR?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Geez. Most guys complain about " wobble" in their AR's, this guy whining about how his fits!

There isnt really anything that is rubbing to be able to "Break in".

I know RRA are known for being super tight. Is it brand new? Have you thought of maybe calling RRA and seeing about swapping it out for a different one?
    Last edited by BCmJUnKie; 09-01-11 at 12:09.
    Quote Originally Posted by Split66 View Post
    I wouldnt listen to BCMjunkie. His brown camo clashes like hell with his surroundings. His surroundings are obviously pinkish and lacey and have big hooties.

Instagram Dangertastic
    Danger@Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/m41979/

Feedback Score
    I know, I know. I knew I'd catch flak for saying something about too tight of a fit

It is brand new, I got it at a local gun show, think RRA would care?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhuLish View Post
    I know, I know. I knew I'd catch flak for saying something about too tight of a fit

It is brand new, I got it at a local gun show, think RRA would care?
    I think you should call them and see. Im not really a fan of RRA, but I have a few friends that shoot them and they say that their Cust. Service is really good
    Quote Originally Posted by Split66 View Post
    I wouldnt listen to BCMjunkie. His brown camo clashes like hell with his surroundings. His surroundings are obviously pinkish and lacey and have big hooties.

Instagram Dangertastic
    Danger@Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/m41979/

Feedback Score
    I'll give them a shout and see what they have to say. My other AR is a RRA and I love it. I took off the upper off that and it fit perfectly on the new lower. I hope they don't say something like "should have gotten a RRA upper"
    Last edited by PhuLish; 09-01-11 at 13:44.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I'll give them a shout and see what they have to say. My other AR is a RRA and I love it. I took off the upper off that and it fit perfectly on the new lower. I hope they don't say something like "should have gotten a RRA upper"
    If it fits your rock river upper I wouldn't waste time calling them.

Just pound it on and shoot it and then pound it off until you don't have to do it anymore, or buy a DD lower.
    Last edited by ryr8828; 09-01-11 at 14:42.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I have a Rock River lower and Daniel Defense upper.
    I believe mating two such entities is the reason we now have platypus on this planet

Quote Originally Posted by ryr8828 View Post
    If it fits your rock river upper I wouldn't waste time calling them.

Just pound it on and shoot it and then pound it off until you don't have to do it anymore, or buy a DD lower.
    There ya go!
    Last edited by munch520; 09-02-11 at 08:33.

Feedback Score
    Good news, after pounding away at, it and out, it's starting to loosen up. I'm going to try sanding down the sides of the take down pin nubby part and see if that helps any.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Good news, after pounding away at, it and out, it's starting to loosen up. I'm going to try sanding down the sides of the take down pin nubby part and see if that helps any.
    Don't do this.
    Just shoot the thing. It will eventually loosen up a bit.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sorry to bring up an old thread but I just received my DDM4v1 upper today and im having the same issue. It is extremely tight. Im mounting it on a DD lower as well. Ive had other DD uppers on it before that werent anywhere near this tight but this one is one of DD's newely designed uppers. I dont know if that has anything to do with it or not. Did yours ever fully loosen up after shooting it or did you end up filing it?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast