Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: upper and lower too tight?

Feedback Score
    I did it 2 maybe 3 times once it was fully assembled. After that, it was pretty much normal.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhuLish View Post
    I did it 2 maybe 3 times once it was fully assembled. After that, it was pretty much normal.
    Awesome. I'll probably give that a try once I get home from work tonight. So did it look like it look any material off the nubs or the inside of the lower or any of the finish? Just curious if maybe the finish was a little to thick or just not enough milled off the nubs.

Feedback Score
    The bottom back part of the nub is visibly worn. I can see little metallic scratches where it obviously rubbed against the lower. I didn't file or sand it down, it just did it on its own.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The bottom back part of the nub is visibly worn. I can see little metallic scratches where it obviously rubbed against the lower. I didn't file or sand it down, it just did it on its own.
    Ok, it doesn't sound like they are too far off or anything. It should be a simple fix I suppose. Thanks for the info and I'll let ya know how it turns out.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well after putting it on and taking it off it is getting a lot better. I can actually put the front pin in and get it together that way. I still have to give it a little pop to get it back apart but that's not a big deal at all.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonez556 View Post
    Ok that's good to know. Mine is a complete upper right now and it is impossible to get it to pivot. I even grab the barrel and the stock and put my knee where it pivots and it doesn't want to move. I've never seen one this tight.
    I think there may have been a batch of DD uppers like this. I had a stripped DD upper that was too wide at the lug. I had to use a stone to take a very minor amount of material off skit would even fit into ny of my lowers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kwelz View Post
    I think there may have been a batch of DD uppers like this. I had a stripped DD upper that was too wide at the lug. I had to use a stone to take a very minor amount of material off skit would even fit into ny of my lowers.
    That sounds like a possibility. I have a DD upper, about 2 years old (bought during the infamous Smartgunner sale at the end of 2010,) mounted on a DD lower from Grant at G&R. Like you, I had to work on the rear lug with some steel wool to get it to fit. The rifle is still extremely tight, needing to be forced over my knee to get the upper to pivot. Other than that, it works great.
    Colt SP6920, LE6920, 6720
    BCM Lower/ARP 6.8SPC upper for hog hunting
    DD M4V5 clone, Troy 5.56 Carbine, S&W M&P10
    PSA Lower/BCM LW 16" middie CHF upper
    PSA Lower/BCM LW 14.5" middie upper
    2 PSA 18"6.8 rifles, PSA 20" M16A4 clone
    Remington 870, Remington 700VTR
    SA XDm9, XDm9C, , XD9SC S&W 1911
    Ruger GP100, Hawkeye77 Compact 6.8SPC
    Kel-Tec KSG, Marlin 336 30-30, HK 45C, VP9
    Sig 1911 Tacops, Scorpion 1911, M11A1, P226 Mk25

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fdxpilot View Post
    That sounds like a possibility. I have a DD upper, about 2 years old (bought during the infamous Smartgunner sale at the end of 2010,) mounted on a DD lower from Grant at G&R. Like you, I had to work on the rear lug with some steel wool to get it to fit. The rifle is still extremely tight, needing to be forced over my knee to get the upper to pivot. Other than that, it works great.
    I never had to do any filing on mine or anything but it probably wouldn't hurts to smooth it out a little bit. I'm also using a lower that I bough from G&R.

Feedback Score
    I wouldnt file at it if it's starting to loosen up. After a couple more times popping it on and off, the nub will essentially grind itself down to the correct fit. You don't want to accidentally over grind. It's like women, I'd rather it be too tight then too loose =)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I wouldnt file at it if it's starting to loosen up. After a couple more times popping it on and off, the nub will essentially grind itself down to the correct fit. You don't want to accidentally over grind. It's like women, I'd rather it be too tight then too loose =)
    Very true. Lol

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast