Thread: Looking for suggestions on upper receivers...?

Feedback Score

Looking for suggestions on upper receivers...?

I am a long time shooter, but new to ARs. I have always wanted one, so I thought building one would be much more fun than the alternative. I have been looking at spikes tactical lowers already, but I am not liking any of their uppers. Any suggestions?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What are you wanting to do with it/what role will it play?

These questions really need answering before I could suggest anything. There is a load of knowledge in here covering just about anything you could dream up. The orange search button rules.

Feedback Score
    as of right now, just a new range gun/home defense. I am moving states soon so first I need to find out their rules for barrel length before I buy a barrel. I may do 3 gun challenges or other casual shooting competitions or activities later down the road. But I would need to put a couple throusand rounds through it first to get use to it and get it the way I want it. I am really just wanting a solid realiable piece, flat topped, stripped or unstripped...also I will be shopping for a low pound trigger. I have been researching and shopping around for about 3 months, so I just was trying to see if I had missed a manufacturer that i may have that special piece.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    This is a very broad subject, and given the open nature of your request, you are going to get a whole lot of answers that revolve around what they bought instead of what you want and what you want it to do.

I would recommend taking a look around Bravo Company USA and G&R Tactical and see the various configurations they have available. Even more, I recommend that you use the search function and check out the pictures thread to refine your preferences and guide your search.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    Of the few different uppers I own, I am most pleased with my 16" BCM midlength gas.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by (z)hunter514 View Post
    as of right now, just a new range gun/home defense. I am moving states soon so first I need to find out their rules for barrel length before I buy a barrel. I may do 3 gun challenges or other casual shooting competitions or activities later down the road. But I would need to put a couple throusand rounds through it first to get use to it and get it the way I want it. I am really just wanting a solid realiable piece, flat topped, stripped or unstripped...also I will be shopping for a low pound trigger. I have been researching and shopping around for about 3 months, so I just was trying to see if I had missed a manufacturer that i may have that special piece.
    You will need to see the chart. Orange search button again still rules.

This is more a matter opinion, but I like MY BCM upper. Alll my ar's are frankenstiens, so YMMV. You will be happy with any top tier, just do your research, and make an informed decision, and get the gun you want.

Feedback Score
    where is this ORANGE search button. i have only been able to find the one on the bar above. but it is white

Feedback Score
    forget the last post, i just needed to look higher. got it, thanks