Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CAR Stock needed for early M4.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

CAR Stock needed for early M4.

OK this shouldn't be as hard as it is, but I am having no luck. Can anyone point me to where I could purchase a CAR 4-position stock? A Colt would be preferred, but off brands are acceptable as well.

I am setting out to build a very accurate replica of the early Colt M4 I carried during my 2 tours in Iraq. I know it may not be a true retro, but it will be a true replica of what I used in war. I will not be using anything that was not as issued on my carbine. Carrying handle, CAR Stock, A2 grip, M4 RAS, M68 (Comp M2) in an Aimpoint mount, Surefire M951, Matech BUIS, etc.

Anyway, thanks for the help.

ETA: I am not talking about the "waffle" Colt M4 stock.
    Last edited by decodeddiesel; 09-03-11 at 23:04.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    M&A parts sells a good CAR stock replica. Or better still you can contact Dennis Todd and get a genuine Colt CAR stock.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for the tip. Here is the stock you mentioned:

http://www.mapartsinc.com/productsDetail.asp?id=1072

I also found at Brownells, Colt PN:SP12012081. Is this the stock I am looking for?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If the drawing is a correct representation of the part number, then I am going to have to pick up one of these myself.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=0...stock_Assembly
    http://www.m4carbine.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=20651&dateline=1303766618

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by decodeddiesel View Post
    Thanks for the tip. Here is the stock you mentioned:

http://www.mapartsinc.com/productsDetail.asp?id=1072

I also found at Brownells, Colt PN:SP12012081. Is this the stock I am looking for?
    No this is not the correct stock. I contacted Brownells about this a few weeks ago, and they said it is the new M4 stock, even though the drawing is that of the CAR stock.

Like I said, if you want a true Colt stock contact Dennis Todd. I can pm you his contact info if you like. He told me that when Colt switched to the new design, he bought out what he could of the CAR stocks and has been selling them over the years. When I spoke to him three weeks ago, he only had a dozen or so left of the genuine Colt stocks.
    Last edited by amd5007; 09-04-11 at 08:02.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Check your PMs...

S/F

B
    MossieTactics.com ~ KMA 367

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    Check your PMs...

S/F

B
    Thanks for the PM Buck, I will check it out.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by amd5007 View Post
    No this is not the correct stock. I contacted Brownells about this a few weeks ago, and they said it is the new M4 stock, even though the drawing is that of the CAR stock.

Like I said, if you want a true Colt stock contact Dennis Todd. I can pm you his contact info if you like. He told me that when Colt switched to the new design, he bought out what he could of the CAR stocks and has been selling them over the years. When I spoke to him three weeks ago, he only had a dozen or so left of the genuine Colt stocks.
    If you could, please send it over.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by amd5007 View Post

I believe I bought one from Him a few years Back .it is the real deal Has the "N" Mark under the Catch lever correct H buffer .I carried the early M4 at Ft Knox and that is what I built , I used a Pinned 14.5 Barrel but plan on SBRing It. Good luck on your build !!!

NRA Member

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Disregard
    Last edited by Cobra66; 09-06-11 at 23:44. Reason: My appologies for not understanding the specifics.
    “The ruling class doesn’t care about public safety. Having made it very difficult for States and localities to police themselves, having left ordinary citizens with no choice but to protect themselves as best they can, they now try to take our guns away. In fact they blame us and our guns for crime. This is so wrong that it cannot be an honest mistake.” – former U.S. Sen. Malcolm Wallop (R-Wy.)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast