Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where it all began...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Where it all began...

While I was talking with a very tenured coworker about fast cars, cold beer, hot women, and cool guns (not in any particular order) he happens to mention that, back in the day, he knew the guy who started it all, and that his shop was just around the corner.

Being the inquisitive type, I did a little follow-up on the conversation and this was the result. It turns out, the guy he knew was one Eugene Stoner, and this is what his shop looks like today...

Attachment 9607
    Attachment 9608
    Attachment 9609
    Attachment 9610

S/F

B
    MossieTactics.com ~ KMA 367

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Thanks for posting that. I remember some really cool gun places in the Golden State back in the day.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    That's certainly an interesting selector layout.
    Aimpoint M4S- Because your next Aimpoint battery hasn't been made yet.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BushmasterFanBoy View Post
    That's certainly an interesting selector layout.
    But, in a way, it makes sense; in the same manner that an AK selector is laid out.
    Young troop gets surprised, flicks the lever quickly with his thumb, where does it go - - "Semi." Same thing with an AK gets the lever past 'Auto' and into the Semi notch.
    Full auto takes a more thoughtful, deliberate manipulation, same as with the AK. Muscle memory is a non issue as no one would have the S-S-A memory of the AR to start with.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Very cool.
    "Intelligence is not the ability to regurgitate information. It is the ability to make sound decisions on a consistent basis "--me

"Just remember, when you are talking to the average person, you are talking to a television set"--RDJB

One Big Ass Mistake America

Feedback Score
    So what was the follow up you did? How did your investigation lead you to believe that what this guy said was true? Just interested in the story. Is this rifle hanging on the wall of the building like a museum or....?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jet80tv View Post
    So what was the follow up you did? How did your investigation lead you to believe that what this guy said was true? Just interested in the story. Is this rifle hanging on the wall of the building like a museum or....?
    I know that what he said is true, because I believe what he says. He has proven himself to be a truthful individual. The follow-up I did was to go with him to the location and see it for myself, put boots on deck as it were... I stood there drinking coffee in the same little room where the first AR15 was both designed and manufactured... Perhaps not interesting to everyone, but I thought it was very cool...

The rifle pictured was photographed by SMG LEE at SHOT and it is in the personal collection of Mr. Reed Knight. I believe that it is currently in Florida...

S/F

B
    MossieTactics.com ~ KMA 367

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Cool story bro. It's interesting who you meet and how life works out sometimes. Betcha never thought you'd be standing there. Thanks for sharing.
    Last edited by Defensive Armament; 09-05-11 at 21:30.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for sharing, very cool! it's not that I didn't believe you, I just wanted more specifics to the story.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    I know that what he said is true, because I believe what he says. He has proven himself to be a truthful individual. The follow-up I did was to go with him to the location and see it for myself, but boots on deck as it were... I stood there drinking coffee in the same little room where the first AR15 was both designed and manufactured... Perhaps not interesting to everyone, but I thought it was very cool...

The rifle pictured was photographed by SMG LEE at SHOT and it is in the personal collection of Mr. Reed Knight. I believe that it is currently in Florida...

S/F

B
    That's cooler than hell man, congrats.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast