Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where it all began...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Very nice. My office isn't too far from there.

I have entertained the idea of checking out various addresses of 1980s-era evil-rifle importers in town (IIRC, there were a few in and around LA) to see what they had become since that golden era.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowfin View Post
    You have my curiosity...what else in in the collection?
    Index of pics here-

http://www.sturmgewehr.com/bhinton/R...ghtCollection/

Feedback Score
    I really like the primordial AR-10s and the AR-16s. Everyone always thinks of the AR-15/M16 when they hear Stoner, but the AR-16/18 was probably his most influential design. The SA80, AUG, G36 and the SCAR use basically the same operating mechanism with some minor changes to the op rod or the action spring set up.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    Besides SA Colt cap guns one of my first toy guns was a copy of an M16 with the old school CH. You pulled it back and pulled the trigger for full auto sound powered by a spring.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    I've always wondered why they went away from that charging handle configuration. It seems like it would be about perfect.
    Last edited by mkmckinley; 01-07-12 at 07:07.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    Besides SA Colt cap guns one of my first toy guns was a copy of an M16 with the old school CH. You pulled it back and pulled the trigger for full auto sound powered by a spring.
    My first toy rifle was an M16A1. The full auto sound was electronic, there was a speaker in the magazine (20rd). It had an actual aperture in the carry handle and a post in the front sight. The trigger pull was crap, way too light. I had my mom zip-tie a paper towel tube under the barrel to act as a grenade launcher.

For a carry handle M16, the original location of the charging handle makes some sense. However, it would obviously be a problem today.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    That last pic would really f*** me up if I were at the range.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MASP7 View Post
    Holy cow... I've got to move up in the world. I'm showing this to my wife the next time she says I have a lot of guns. I do not have anywhere NEAR enough guns and this is proof.
    Last edited by yellowfin; 02-03-12 at 20:09.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things with insane laws...it's...insane!" -- Penn Jillette

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thank You!

Fetep

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nmate View Post
    For a carry handle M16, the original location of the charging handle makes some sense. However, it would obviously be a problem today.
    This arrangement reportedly caused the charging handle to heat up.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast