Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Field/Survival/Bush/Whatever Knife

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BLINDFIRE View Post
    Mine is identical! The Micarta grips are definitely needed, as the factory grips tend to get a little slick when my hands start sweating. I also removed the nylon belt loop and added a tek-lock system to the sheath.
    Here is the sheath I made for mine

Feedback Score

Field/Survival/Bush/Whatever Knife

That's pretty nice! I haven't thought about a new sheath yet. I have a buddy that does leather work. I did add a lanyard (using paracord) to my knife and attached a little emergency kit (Altoid can) using ranger bands. I'll try and get some pics up today.
    **I am a descendent of men who refused to be ruled**
    **I do not fear the valley for I am the shadow**

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BLINDFIRE View Post
    That's pretty nice! I haven't thought about a new sheath yet. I have a buddy that does leather work. I did add a lanyard (using paracord) to my knife and attached a little emergency kit (Altoid can) using ranger bands. I'll try and get some pics up today.
    I did the same to mine when I first got it. I just love the look and feel of leather so changed mine up.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    While earlier in the thread I professed love of Fallkniven, I will admit to having an original Buckmaster, some 26 years old or so, still unused.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Full disclosure: I am not an educated knife guy, and never having owned anything more expensive than a couple Emerson folders, I cannot justify a $400-1,000 sheath knife for down and dirty everyday work.

Knives are hard use items for me. I would cry if I broke a $400.00+ custom knife while in the outdoors. For fixed blades I have had good success with SOG Seal Pup Elites. They keep a relatively good edge and at $60.00, I wouldn’t be devastated if I broke one.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by domestique View Post
    Full disclosure: I am not an educated knife guy, and never having owned anything more expensive than a couple Emerson folders, I cannot justify a $400-1,000 sheath knife for down and dirty everyday work.

Knives are hard use items for me. I would cry if I broke a $400.00+ custom knife while in the outdoors. For fixed blades I have had good success with SOG Seal Pup Elites. They keep a relatively good edge and at $60.00, I wouldn’t be devastated if I broke one.
    My two custom GTIs have lifetime guarantee, no questions asked. So if I do break one, it's just a matter of a few weeks until the new one is in a box waiting for me on the porch. So I don't feel bad about the price that I paid for them. Now I just have to get them a little dirty!

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by domestique View Post

I second the SOG Seal Pup Elite. Great value for the money. Have had one for a long time and have used it fairly hard. Skinned plenty of game. Very light and ergonomic. Keeps a decent edge. But the only reason I would replace it is to get a carbon steel blade with a different profile...which is why:

I would like to eventually replace it with an ESEE 4 in the near future. Everything I've heard points to that being slightly better...for about $20-30 more.
    Last edited by Ironman8; 03-05-13 at 08:11.

Feedback Score
    Esee-6 the thing is a hoss.

Feedback Score
    One knife means that it will do everything poorly.Gotta be a Swiss army knife or leatherman. Depends if I pick my teeth and get splinters more then I need pliers.

I don't thing the OP meant the knife you want to be buried with.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fotomaker57 View Post
    Here is the sheath I made for mine

Beautiful Sheath!
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast