Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Why the 1911 makes you tick

Feedback Score
    For me, it's simple, shootability. It feels better in my hand than any other pistol I've ever shot.

I'm also a damn good shooter but with the 1911 I can shooter better than with any other pistol. It's the whole package it gives me.

derek45, that's a great pistol. A great family item to pass down from generation to generation.

You know I had a helmet my great grandfather wore i WWI, it even had a round hit on it, and my parents lost it. I was SOOOOO pissed about it when I learned to appreciate it. Even more as a vet.

R.
    Last edited by rickp; 09-27-11 at 18:39.
    "In the end, it is not about the hardware, it's about the "software". Amateurs talk about hardware (equipment), professionals talk about software (training and mental readiness)" Lt. Col. Dave Grossman. On Combat

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I was about 8 years old and my Uncle Russ with a bit of instruction had just handed me a loaded Nickel Plated Colt .45 with Ivory grips I'll never forget that gun and I'll never forget what happened next ...that gun going off, enough said.

Michael

btw Uncle Russ died 30 years later of natural causes.
    The things we own end up owning us ...

If experience is the best teacher then pain is the best experience ! ...MRG

LUKE 22:35

Feedback Score
    There is only 1 other pistol that fits my hand as good as a 1911, a BHP, THANK YOU John Moses Browning.
    "LIVE FREE OR DIE"

U.S. NAVY SUBMARINE FORCES "RUN SILENT RUN DEEP"

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910