Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Practicality of the Battlecomp and similar muzzle devices on a defensive carbine.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rickp View Post
    That;s because most that talk about it have never been in a life or death situation, so have no idea what's important. Not their fault though, it's something you have to experience.
    I guess. It's like worrying about wear on your brake system if you brake hard to avoid a serious collision.

I try to suggest the book ON COMBAT by Grossman when that nonsense comes up. But it's a never ending subject.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I guess. It's like worrying about wear on your brake system if you brake hard to avoid a serious collision.

I try to suggest the book ON COMBAT by Grossman when that nonsense comes up. But it's a never ending subject.
    I know what you mean. The same thing goes for the guys that worry about all the BS gear minutia but can't hit the side of a barn from the inside. Worry less about the gear and more about how to use it effectively.
    I read the book and the reason I chose the quote in my signature. I find it to be very true.
    "In the end, it is not about the hardware, it's about the "software". Amateurs talk about hardware (equipment), professionals talk about software (training and mental readiness)" Lt. Col. Dave Grossman. On Combat

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    When I read that part of the book. I thought about the Gun forums in general. The threads that start out.... "How does this rail LOOK on this barrel?" Or "Does this stock color match these hand guards?"

Are you kidding me?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    When I read that part of the book. I thought about the Gun forums in general. The threads that start out.... "How does this rail LOOK on this barrel?" Or "Does this stock color match these hand guards?"

Are you kidding me?
    LOLOLOL!!!! LMAO!!!!! yeah!!!! I know the type.
    I get a crack at the ones that worry about how many oz they can shed of their rifle when they only hold it for 3 or 4 hours a night if that. You would think they were holding and operating with that stick for 12 hours a day, or humping with it over miles of terrain with a 100lbs pack on their back plus tac gear.

"In the end, it is not about the hardware, it's about the "software". Amateurs talk about hardware (equipment), professionals talk about software (training and mental readiness)" Lt. Col. Dave Grossman. On Combat

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rickp View Post
    I get a crack at the ones that worry about how many oz they can shed of their rifle when they only hold it for 3 or 4 hours a night if that.
    And that's in front of the TV watching Dancing with the Stars or something.

Feedback Score
    And that's in front of the TV watching Dancing with the Stars or something.
    With their brand new clean empty vest!!!! LOL!!!!

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Let's get back on topic or take it to PM.
    Thanks.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hey! I resemble those remarks!

Feedback Score
    This notion is LOST on so many peoples' minds. It blows my mind what people are worried about in a life and death scenario.

I fired my 11.5 with an A2 flash hider without ears at the range once. I thought my shit kaboomed. But it a fight, if I hear it at all, it's going to be the sweetest sound ever.

In a HD situation if you have to to get to your rifle, you should have time to throw on a pair of e-muffs.

This cowboy attitude is just lack of discipline and training. We have tools now that our fathers generation didn't, so use them. No excuses.

Resposible use of these tools should be encouraged here.

Feedback Score
    5 (86%)
    Quote Originally Posted by regal View Post
    In a HD situation if you have to to get to your rifle, you should have time to throw on a pair of e-muffs.

This cowboy attitude is just lack of discipline and training. We have tools now that our fathers generation didn't, so use them. No excuses.

Resposible use of these tools should be encouraged here.

You certainly do not know that...these situations can be matters of seconds, or fractions of seconds...but then again, I've never had to use a firearm in a life and death situation...have you? I'm really hoping that post was sarcasm.
    Last edited by djegators; 11-04-11 at 07:40.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast