Thread: Remington 700 243

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Remington 700 243

I have a deal lined up with used 700 and Leup scope I was thinking this and some 100 GR corelock would be good starter rifle for nephew and in a few years my boys. What do you think. Whitetail Deer rifle
    Last edited by awm14hp; 09-05-11 at 18:59.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    sounds great. Light recoil lots of power at range light weight. I use Barns TSX bullets in my wifes 243 they have never let her down. Up here the avarage doe goes 170lbs and the bucks well over 200.

Do you hand load or are you going to get off the shelf ammo? Federal fusion is a great low cost bonded round as well.
    "After I shot myself, my training took over and I called my parents..." Texas Grebner

"Take me with a grain of salt, my sarcasm does not relate well over the internet"

Jonathan Morehouse

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I've shot two bucks with 100gr winchester powerpoints. The 1st didnt take a step and was dead before he hit the ground, the second stumbled for about 5yds and kicked a few times once down....easy track jobs.

I love the .243win as a deer cartridge. I'm a grown man, and i'm not ashamed to shoot a "light recoil gun"...lol

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ICANHITHIMMAN View Post
    sounds great. Light recoil lots of power at range light weight. I use Barns TSX bullets in my wifes 243 they have never let her down. Up here the avarage doe goes 170lbs and the bucks well over 200.

Do you hand load or are you going to get off the shelf ammo? Federal fusion is a great low cost bonded round as well.

Yeah I am hunting in Southern Tier and live outside Roch. I dont handload and wasnt really sure about ammo for it I will check out
    the fusion also. I just have had good luck with other corelock rifle ammo so figured it would be good starting point
    Last edited by awm14hp; 09-06-11 at 05:49.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by awm14hp View Post
    Yeah I am hunting in Southern Tier and live outside Roch. I dont handload and wasnt really sure about ammo for it I will check out
    the fusion also. I just have had good luck with other corelock rifle ammo so figured it would be good starting point
    No shit I'm in Rush. Do you know where Rochester Brooks gun club is? Ya I'm sure there good bullets.
    "After I shot myself, my training took over and I called my parents..." Texas Grebner

"Take me with a grain of salt, my sarcasm does not relate well over the internet"

Jonathan Morehouse

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ICANHITHIMMAN View Post
    No shit I'm in Rush. Do you know where Rochester Brooks gun club is? Ya I'm sure there good bullets.
    Yeah I used to do most my shooting at GCL but looking for longer range and one that has some clay shooting also. I have thought about a membership there. A few of my buddys shoot there and love it. I hunt down between Nunda and Angellica

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Cool I know that area glad to meet someone from my area on here. RB has alot of douch bags so be warned!

Jonathan Morehouse