Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CA - Brown bans OC and passes long-gun registration.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I don't get openly carrying unloaded firearms. I get carrying loaded concealed firearms. Carrying an obviously unloaded firearm in the open invites getting robbed by a thug with a loaded firearm.
    US Army Military Police 97-03
    Federal LEO/M.R.T. 05-Present
    NRA Life Member

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
    -E. Hemingway

"I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it."
    -Jack Nicholson (A Few Good Men, 1992)

Feedback Score
    In regards to the unloaded open carry (UOC) comments...

CA use to be a loaded open carry state.
    But due to racisim, CA was changed into an unloaded open carry state.

During the 1960s, some minorities realized they could legally open carry loaded firearms for protections. This caused the legislators to pass a bill banning the open carrying of loaded firearms in public places and that bill was singed into law by Governor Ronald Reagan in 1967.

What was left, was the legal open carrying of unloaded firearms in public places and the legal open carrying of loaded firearms in non-prohibited areas of unincorporated lands.

A few years ago, some people began open carrying unloaded handguns because it was legal to do so. Regardless of what their motivations were (ranged for personal protections to political statement over carrying of firearms in CA), this caused the legislators to pass a bill banning the open carrying of unloaded firearms in public places.

Feedback Score
    Another reason why I will never live in Commifornia again. To many people in that state think they are doing good but are only making it worse for everyone else that lives there. Some of these people who vote for certain laws have no clue what it is about and how its taking certain rights away from people. They all need to go back to school and relearn the constitution. Sorry I hate that state with a passion.
    WFD
    EMR
    FF

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Well thank goodness the law makers are making new laws... I don't know what we would do if they left things along for more than a few days... We'd all be so worse off if that ever happened.... Please continue to make more wonderful laws to tell me how I need to act and live my life, I'm not capable to making those decision without injuring myself or someone else...

Thanks you from the bottom of my heart for making the world a better place!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiet View Post
    In regards to the unloaded open carry (UOC) comments...

CA use to be a loaded open carry state.

But due to racisim, CA was changed into an unloaded open carry state.

During the 1960s, some minorities realized they could legally open carry loaded firearms for protections. This caused the legislators to pass a bill banning the open carrying of loaded firearms in public places and that bill was singed into law by Governor Ronald Reagan in 1967.

What was left, was the legal open carrying of unloaded firearms in public places and the legal open carrying of loaded firearms in non-prohibited areas of unincorporated lands.

A few years ago, some people began open carrying unloaded handguns because it was legal to do so. Regardless of what their motivations were (ranged for personal protections to political statement over carrying of firearms in CA), this caused the legislators to pass a bill banning the open carrying of unloaded firearms in public places.
    Absolutely correct. But the correct term is UOC: Unloaded Open Carry.

Unloaded Open Carry is a political movement, conducted primarily in areas where political appointees refuse to issue CCWs, like the major metropolitan areas in the Queen of the Nanny States.

UOC is actually about LEGAL CONCEALED CARRY.

Because enough twits who frequent Peet's Coffee decided that the mere presense of an UNLOADED gun in their midst would cause involuntary clothed self-defecation, a bunch of alleged representatives passed this notion -- as honestly, UOC isn't really about self-defense in any practical sense. It was ALWAYS about protecting ourselves from bad legislation and bad government.

UOC proponents knew this would come, and this proved their point. Now, for most urban Californians, there is NO LEGAL way to carry a firearm in public, period.

Also, with enough pampered, stupid police officers who began worrying about gang-bangers openly carrying (Hello, gang-bangers carry ILLEGAL CONCEALED AND LOADED weapons! That's is why they run from us, you morons!), it was just a matter of time before both Public Safety and Officer Safety were cited as motives for such legislative horsecrap.

UOC was about exercising rights that continue to be eroded, especially when the nanny insists she needs to protect you from yourself. Frankly, as a Californian and a Peace Officer, I continue to be ashamed of this silliness. Still, this isn't over. Everything is temporary. Some of us don't run.

UOC proponents knew this was coming. We will see how long it takes for Californians to actually fight back legally.

Multiple Pro-2A entities are poised for the barrage of lawsuits, even though this battle should have been fought in the 1960's when the Black Panthers marched with slung M1 Carbines on Sacramento. Unspoken racism fueled fear of firearms, and this continues today. Just listen to what the politicians say.

The late 60's and early 70's triggered a lot of anti-gun legislation because of the JFK, MLK and RFK assassinations, and let's face it -- too many hippies were influencing mainstream America, who was too distracted with free love and marijuana to care about protecting themselves. We got caught sleeping on the job, and we reaped the whirlwind. We wanted to be "cosmopolitan" so badly -- just like the current occupant of the White House would have us believe is the answer to the future.

Since many Californians, especially our elected officials, seem to be exceedingly proficient with irrational and public self-defecation, I support suing the state as often as possible. That, and more earthquakes. Or learn to weaponize their poop.

When the big earthquake comes, the folks in SoCal will eat each other. We will be putting out too many fires to worry about spending $15 for a movie ticket.
    Battle Comp Enterprises, LLC
    World Class Tactical Compensators
    California Legal Compensators
    100% American Made
    www.battlecomp.com
    sales@battlecomp.com
    (650) 678-0778

1 Samuel 17:49 / Romans 13: 1-4 / Isaiah 6:8 / Psalms 144:1 / Matthew 12:30

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Perhaps it is time to follow the German model, and designate certain cities city-states, so the good people of California, Illinois and New York state won't be subjected to further loss of their freedoms at the hands of those who are preoccupied with restraining the animals in L.A., Chicago and NYC. Our urban centers would seem to be a lost cause.

AC

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    Perhaps it is time to follow the German model, and designate certain cities city-states, so the good people of California, Illinois and New York state won't be subjected to further loss of their freedoms at the hands of those who are preoccupied with restraining the animals in L.A., Chicago and NYC. Our urban centers would seem to be a lost cause.

AC
    While anathema to true Americans, don't think this can't happen. Complacency and apathy would be all that is necessary to effect it.

It was not that long ago when the rest of the country was heading the way of California. The Federal Assault Weapon Ban happened everywhere, and most of y'all let it. Now, we have more "shall issue" states and the most reciprocity we have ever seen. And there's STILL plenty of work to be done.

We actually had the Supreme Court take on 2A cases in my lifetime. In the 80's, the entire ABA would have told you that would never happen.

The antis would lull us into thinking we are winning, while we splinter our own political clout by encouraging Californians to run away to free states.

The metropolitan centers in CA, like SO many rats in too small a cage, push the vote. The rest of the country watches the news and thinks everyone in CA is fruits, flakes and nuts.

The rest of the state is surprisingly pro-2A.
    Battle Comp Enterprises, LLC
    World Class Tactical Compensators
    California Legal Compensators
    100% American Made
    www.battlecomp.com
    sales@battlecomp.com
    (650) 678-0778

1 Samuel 17:49 / Romans 13: 1-4 / Isaiah 6:8 / Psalms 144:1 / Matthew 12:30

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PRGGodfather View Post
    Unloaded Open Carry is a political movement, conducted primarily in areas where political appointees refuse to issue CCWs, like the major metropolitan areas in the Queen of the Nanny States.

UOC is actually about LEGAL CONCEALED CARRY.

Because enough twits who frequent Peet's Coffee decided that the mere presense of an UNLOADED gun in their midst would cause involuntary clothed self-defecation, a bunch of alleged representatives passed this notion -- as honestly, UOC isn't really about self-defense in any practical sense. It was ALWAYS about protecting ourselves from bad legislation and bad government.

UOC proponents knew this would come, and this proved their point. Now, for most urban Californians, there is NO LEGAL way to carry a firearm in public, period.

Also, with enough pampered, stupid police officers who began worrying about gang-bangers openly carrying (Hello, gang-bangers carry ILLEGAL CONCEALED AND LOADED weapons! That's is why they run from us, you morons!), it was just just a matter of time before both Public Safety and Officer Safety were cited as motives for such legislative horsecrap.
    Right on target with this post!

Here's an article from today on the subject. http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,6149742.story

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Long-gun registration passed as well as the OC ban. This article details all the gun laws passed by Gov. Brown. http://www.opposingviews.com/i/socie...-2nd-amendment

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Wow hows that for justification: http://gov.ca.gov/docs/AB_809_Signing_Message.pdf

Stupid ass laws that don't keep criminals from doing whatever they want. They can afford to keep gun owners under their thumb but can't afford to house prisoners for their full sentences.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast