Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Columbia Co. OR will have 1 deputy on patrol...

Feedback Score
    We had 36 Deputies covering 2600 square miles of Montana.
    Backup was not always readily available due to distances involved.
    We treated people respectfully and commanded respect.
    Most of the Deputies were highly skilled both with people and at arms.

Feedback Score
    I'm a little late replying to this, but I just read it. The obvious issue is lack of backup and that single deputy having to handle whatever comes his/her way on their own. I feel for him/her. I work in a very busy urban metroplitan city and usually backup is only minutes away, however when you're the one calling for help a few minutes seems like an eternity. I can't even imagine how it feels to know that backup is an hour away, if coming at all.

Another thing popped to mind when I read that... Why let all the shitheads that can read know there is only one deputy out there at a time?? Not only can that make the crime rate climb, but it also just put that single deputy in even more danger because the bad guy(s) know there is no one else coming, at least for quite a while.

IMO that was a stupid piece of information to release to the public (Although I can only hope it was done to try to get a millage passed to hire more deputies). I hope the law abiding, gun carrying citizens will come to the aid of that deputy if they see the feces hitting the ventilator.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12