Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1st Big Bore

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Plinking Ammo

Feedback Score
    Beautiful rifle. My buddy has a Remington in 458. One day for "fun" we ran two boxes of Hornady Dangerous Game lods through it. They certainly get your attention.

Feedback Score
    Nice thing about .458's, is there's always guys getting out of them.

Bought these at the gun show last weekend. $65 bucks for all three boxes, 5 rounds missing out of one.

Not elephant loads, but couldn't turn down at that price.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake'sDad View Post
    Nice thing about .458's, is there's always guys getting out of them.

Bought these at the gun show last weekend. $65 bucks for all three boxes, 5 rounds missing out of one.

Not elephant loads, but couldn't turn down at that price.
    Awsome deal. I would not have turned those away either. The HSM and WCC 458WM ammo isn't too bad at ~$2.00/round. Everything else is just way too damn $$$.

Feedback Score
    Just because you haven't seen an Elephant in the back yard.....doesn't mean they aren't there.......

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    For now hogs and deer. I've got some reduced loads of 405gr SP's @ 2200fps coming. Someday I'd love to hunt cape buffalo, nile crocodile, maybe hippo and assorted plains game.

Thanks for the compliments. I think it might have been stocked in England with the "Manchester, England" stamp.
    I love the 458 Win. It's a great round and easy to load for. I had a Ruger No1 and a Ruger M77 with the slickest bolt action I've ever seen. It pointed like a good bird gun and was a sweet rifle.

I used the Rem 405's alot also and it makes for a great reduced load yet one that will knock the snot out of anything on the NA continent with ease.

I sold those .458's to finance other gun projects a while back ago but I intend to get another one day. For now my Ruger M77 safari grade in .375 H&H is my heaviest rifle and the finest product I've ever seen come out of Ruger.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by arizonaranchman View Post
    I love the 458 Win. It's a great round and easy to load for. I had a Ruger No1 and a Ruger M77 with the slickest bolt action I've ever seen. It pointed like a good bird gun and was a sweet rifle.

I used the Rem 405's alot also and it makes for a great reduced load yet one that will knock the snot out of anything on the NA continent with ease.

I sold those .458's to finance other gun projects a while back ago but I intend to get another one day. For now my Ruger M77 safari grade in .375 H&H is my heaviest rifle and the finest product I've ever seen come out of Ruger.
    How is the ejection on your RSM? I've heard they have issues when worked vigorously? Got pics? My reduced loads are still pounding out about 4300 ft./lbs. Basically 375H&H power level.

Feedback Score
    Congratulations on the Whitworth!

Why didn't you post photos on AR's Big Bore forum?

mbogo

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mbogo View Post
    Congratulations on the Whitworth!

Why didn't you post photos on AR's Big Bore forum?

mbogo
    Thanks. It's over there. PM sent.

Feedback Score
    Thanks. I can't believe I missed it.

mbogo

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast