Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1st Big Bore

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Good looking firearm. I love my .458 though I don't get to shoot it much.

Is that built on a Mauser / Browning A-bolt action? I did not see pictures of the bolt.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Standard commercial mauser CRF action. Action built in Yugoslavia by Zastava. Not sure where all of the work was done but it does carry a Manchester England stamp and various proofs on the barrel/action along with Interarms markings. Stock has a "whitworth" marked recoil pad. Front sight looks like a Williams Gunsights ramp and bead.

You know I never thought to take pics of the bolt. I guess I should have.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Round 2

Round 2

Well I finally made it back out to the range. Unfortunately the range we shot at only had benches and no standing. I fired 14rds of the WCC 405's (2200fps) from the bench before I had enough fun. Oddly the 405's were perfect in regards to POA/POI for the "fine bead" hold I use. No issues with feeding, extraction or ejection and the floorplate stayed closed just like it should. Time to go to the gunsmith for that Pachmayr Decelerator.

My shooting partner was sighting in his Sako 300WSM and I lended a shoulder after he complained about the recoil and I saw him using a shot bag to soften the blow. After the 458 the 300WSM just tickles. He did take a shot with the 458 to his credit. His eyes welled up but he held in those tears.

A good day.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123