Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a new scope - need ideas

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Question Looking for a new scope - need ideas

I've bought a new 700P recently and now I need a new scope. I'm primary looking at the Leupold Mark 4 line but I am open to other suggestions. I'm looking for something around the 3-10 x 40 range. I don't shoot at long ranges right now (mainly due to the fact that there aren't that many ranges near me that go beyond 200 yds). Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    I went with a Mark 4 LR/T on my LTR. I am really happy with it so far. The Mark 4 scopes are really nice.
    This one would probably do everything you wanted, and then some.

http://www.riflescopes.com/products/...riflescope.htm
    Protego quod vallo.
    Si vis pacem para bellum.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer10
    I've bought a new 700P recently and now I need a new scope. I'm primary looking at the Leupold Mark 4 line but I am open to other suggestions. I'm looking for something around the 3-10 x 40 range. I don't shoot at long ranges right now (mainly due to the fact that there aren't that many ranges near me that go beyond 200 yds). Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    The MK4 optics are very nice, but I prefer the Night Force and S&B line the best.

C4

www.GRTactical.com

Feedback Score
    I hate to say this but I have several buddies that love the Super Sniper. I do not know if its still for sell or not. Not sure if they are still producing them.

Feedback Score
    Protego quod vallo.
    Si vis pacem para bellum.

Feedback Score

Often Overlooked

I really like the Nikon that I have... they make one that sounds like what you are looking for -- 2.5-10x44

The glass is very nice, crystal clear picture and the etched reticle is very crisp. Illuminated mil-dot system with green or red is nice for overcoming background washout and the price is (was) very decent.

just a thought...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by K.L. Davis
    I really like the Nikon that I have... they make one that sounds like what you are looking for -- 2.5-10x44

The glass is very nice, crystal clear picture and the etched reticle is very crisp. Illuminated mil-dot system with green or red is nice for overcoming background washout and the price is (was) very decent.

just a thought...

My M70 and AR10 both have 2.5-10 Nikons, excellent optic and the price is right.

Feedback Score
    55 (100%)
    Right now I have a Super Sniper 10Xsf and it's a great scope for the money but I am going to sell it and buy a Luepold MK4. The main reason that I am selling it is for the better glass. As far as the Nikon scopes go I had a Buckmasters 4.5-14x40 and it was awesome. The only thing I would have changed would be a good set of target knobs.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks for all of the input. Right now I'm still leaning very much towards the Leupolds, specifically the Mark 4 line.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rvaducks
    Right now I have a Super Sniper 10Xsf and it's a great scope for the money but I am going to sell it and buy a Luepold MK4. The main reason that I am selling it is for the better glass. As far as the Nikon scopes go I had a Buckmasters 4.5-14x40 and it was awesome. The only thing I would have changed would be a good set of target knobs.
    Nikons tactical line is completely different from the sportsman line. Last I was told they are still made at the Nikon plant in Japan. The cost is about the same as a loopy, looks like retail on them is 1000 to 1500... but I think the quality is better than any other scope out there in that price range.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast