Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 6V LED or Incadescant?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Depends on where and how your using the light. For instance if you want something for home defense (read CQB distances), an LED will work perfectly.

If you live out in the country and want to be able to ID a target out past 50yds, then you need to stick with Incans.

C4
    Grant,

What is the price for conversion to an LED lamp on your 6V Scout Package light? Is it on your website? I looked but couldn;t find it.

Tack

Feedback Score
    Gene Malkoff's new M60 drop ins are rated at 200+ lumens for 2+ hours on 2 123 cells.

http://www.malkoffdevices.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by edwin907 View Post
    Gene Malkoff's new M60 drop ins are rated at 200+ lumens for 2+ hours on 2 123 cells.

That's an option, but they're sold out.

The SF conversion for the Scout Light is not cheap. Around $129 for the new head with LED. Sheeez. I only paid $258 for the entire Incandescent Scout Light package with LaRue mount from Grant.

I think I'm staying put for awhile. I have new bulbs and spares for both of my P60 lamp style lights. An hour on each bulb will work for now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by toddackerman View Post
    $55 is a little steep. I thought someone said they were more like $12 for SF.?
    $12 would be on the cheap end for some aftermarket LED drop in units. I was thinking the Surefire Cree LED drop in was going to be about $40.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    CREE drop ins are going for $12, try deal extreme.com SKU#1447 $11.95 free shipping.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cdvanns View Post
    CREE drop ins are going for $12, try deal extreme.com SKU#1447 $11.95 free shipping.
    I wouldn't put a cheap LED in a Scout light on my primary SBR any quicker than I would run underloaded Wolf in it.

I've had 3 of the e-bay CREEs, 1 went poof it's dead after about 3 minutes, another did the same after about 20 minutes, the third still works good in a 6P but I wouldn't use it as a weaponlight.

The 2 BOG and 2 Malkoff CREEs continue to work beautifully.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I wouldn't either, but for a backup G2 I'll see for $12 and if needed I may consider a more expensive model or use the original incan. I already have a G2L and it's working fine on my rifle and meets my needs as I don't carry a weapon for a living. SOS!!! Edwin please send ammo, I R your friend, Ha Ha!

Feedback Score
    With all the controversy on the Cree "Drop Ins" for $12.00, I'll definitely wait to install the SF replacement LED head when I'm ready. They know their lights better than anyone, and what will work in them the best.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by edwin907 View Post

That's friggin' out there!! I wish someone would make an MN10 replacement Cree for my M962. I'm currently running a MN11 bulb in it, but if I hadn't painted my 962 I'd be for selling it and getting a G2 with M60 drop-in and Z57 tail cap. I think a SI bezel would be superfluous.
    Just one of the Shepherd's sheepdogs. Joshua 24:15

Feedback Score
    I've got almost 4k rounds of .223 on a cree drop-in/6P mounted up in a VLTOR mount without issue. Well, not quite without issue...one of the 17670 cells quit but the light still runs same as ever. It's in the standard head as well as I question the need for a Z32 with an LED as the lamp. YMMV and often does.

My 962 is the only filament long gun light I have left.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast