Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: AAR: Hackathorn/Vickers Low Light Intensive Course II

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Edwards View Post
    I've read alot about what worked and what did not. Would any of you care to mention what Larry and Ken were running?

Matt
    Larry ran his 416 with an aimpoint and a Surefire G2 mounted on it as well as a *yuk!!* Glock of some sort.

Ken was running a 1911 one day, and then an M&P in .45 the other days.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Actually Ken ran the gamut; a M&P 9 on the first day, Springfield Operator on day 2 and an M&P 45 on day three. Both M&Ps had Crimson Trace grips installed I don't recall for sure if the operator did but I'd bet my next check on it.

As stated Larry had his 416 (14 1/5" variant) w/Aimpoint and a Glock 19.

Feedback Score
    Thanks guys.
    Hey big Joe.

Feedback Score
    At first I thought lasers on pistols were a gimmick, but after using them the last several years I became a convert, especially on BUG’s and at night.

After trying several options, the CTC Lasergrips appeared to be the best choice—over the last few years, I have personally purchased nearly a dozen sets of Lasergrips.

Without doubt, Lasergrips should be mandatory for all J-frames.

However, Lasergrips on service pistols are not without problems.

About 2 years ago, we first got the CTC LG617 grips for our G17’s-I personally purchased 3 pairs. As I outlined previously, we initially loved them, but the inability to turn the laser off became a vexing issue during routine gun handling, training, and especially when searching. The ability to turn the laser off and on is an IMPORTANT factor with service pistols (less so for off-duty CCW, and not an issue with BUG's). As a result, I’ve taken the Lasergrips off all my G17’s intended for duty use. Despite numerous complaints, the management at CTC has failed to adequately address this issue with the Glock Lasergrips intended for LE and military use.

Lasergrips for 1911's do have an ON-OFF switch, however, for folks with larger hands, when wearing gloves, the fabric frequently obscures the light beam from the Lasergrips—numerous AAR’s coming in from combat zones have been sent to CTC complaining of this issue and the need for a re-design, but the owners at CTC don’t seem to care about input from their military end-users on this and several other problems. In addition, the LG401 Lasergrips are simply not lasting—I need several spare Lasergrips just to keep at least two pistols (training and duty) functioning with lasers, as they keep failing at inopportune times and at relatively low round counts.

I hope the owners of CTC will finally see the light and start listening to their LE and military customers…

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I just sent out the Vickers Tactical / Backyard Outfitters / Woolrich Elite special offer order forms to every student in the class. If you took this class and did not receive it please let me know.

Thank you.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    Did anyone else not recieve their items from Raven?

Neither my nor Kevin's holsters and pouches have arrived here yet and all my emails to Raven have gone unanswered.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I bought my holster directly from them that day, but I have tried to contact them several times since and I haven't gotten a reply either.

Feedback Score
    I happen to know them, I will call and give them the heads up on this issue.

Typically, not only do they have the item in the mail, but to the customer within five days of the order.

If you want to send an e-mail or PM to me with your name and what you ordered, it will be easier than me using your screen name on this forum.

FWIW, I've been here in Iraq on my third year doing PSD work since early October and I use the Phantom and double mag pouch for my Glock 19 when I am going low profile. It conceals very well and is very comfortable.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRed View Post
    Did anyone else not recieve their items from Raven?

Neither my nor Kevin's holsters and pouches have arrived here yet and all my emails to Raven have gone unanswered.

I got my stuff in fairly short order by post.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    sorry - please delete

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213