Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sure Fire G2?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Sure Fire G2?

I see the G2 series are very popular for mounting on the AR. Does the G@ have a CLick style tailcap or is it momentary pressure activated? Is the click tailcap available.

Is the G2L (LED) a better choice?

I have a Gand R WG6D with shock bezel and pressure pad tail cap, now how much different would the G2 be?

Thanks
    Jack
    Colt AR-15/M-16 Armorer, GLock Armorer, HK USP Armorer
    Firearms Instructor

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Standard G2 has the momentary. But you can Dial the tailcap for constant on if needed. I use the Nitrolon as one of my lights on my carbean.

Not sure if the clickers are available for it.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I like it with the shock-isolated and the clickable tailcap. You can buy package deals from G&R here.

Feedback Score

Thumbs up Great value

For $36, the Surefire G2 has to be the best value on the market. Now that the G2L is out, many dealers are marking the standard G2 down well below MSRP.
    Jesus said, "I have come to cast fire upon the earth; and how I wish it were already kindled!" - Luke 12:49

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I'd rather have the incandescent vs. the LED. Yes, the LED has more life, but when it gets foggy or there's a lot of fine particulates (gunsmoke) out there, they can't penetrate it like the old school incandescent will.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Rob S
    I like it with the shock-isolated and the clickable tailcap. You can buy package deals from G&R here.
    I have been running this set up for over 3 years now.... it has been on a gun with over 12K thru it and still on the original bulb..... a most excellent choice for a quality Weaponlight .... I will continue to us it... I may get a Cree drop in to play with it and see if I like it....

Feedback Score
    I did some homework today, as I was interested in going to the LED for Lamp, and Battery life.

My conclusion...

Sticking with the incandescent because of lumens. Period. The LED is less than 1/2 of the incandescent in Lumens. I already went from a 9V to a 6V for weight purposes. That's all the lumen power I want to sacrifice.

You can see all the specs. on www.surefire.com

Plus...the LED conversion is very expensive!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by toddackerman View Post
    I did some homework today, as I was interested in going to the LED for Lamp, and Battery life.

My conclusion...

Sticking with the incandescent because of lumens. Period. The LED is less than 1/2 of the incandescent in Lumens. I already went from a 9V to a 6V for weight purposes. That's all the lumen power I want to sacrifice.

You can see all the specs. on www.surefire.com

Plus...the LED conversion is very expensive!

Uh, if you look at the stats on the G2L, you'll see it is pushing 80 lumens. That is 15-20 more than you get out of a stock incan. G2. I was using a G2L at this weekend's lowlight course with LAV and the G2L was brighter than all my other 6volt handheld lights.

Feedback Score
    86 (99%)
    I know for a fact that the X300 cuts through smoke and fog better than a G2 or 6P. I think this new generation of led is a huge improvement over the older models. I would not hesitate to use the new led models for a weapon light...
    9/11/01
    Never forget, Never forgive

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    In my experience the push button is better than click on in this role -- and second having used a G2 on my carbine in Iraq over the last year - I dont think the shock bezel is needed a 5.56mm gun.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Manager, Federal Sales
    FN America, LLC
    Office: 703.288.3500 x181 | Mobile: 407-451-4544 | Fax: 703.288.4505
    www.fnhusa.com

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast