Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sure Fire G2?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    Why would a shock isolated bezel be necessary on a G2L? I didn't think that the led diodes are sensitive to shock.

Has anyone tried one of the Tacstar tape switch endcaps on a G2? I intend to mount a G2L on my N4 and would prefer a tape switch but I'm pretty leary of the Tacstar.

No need to shock isolate.

All tacstar products are junk.

C4

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm looking to mount a light on my 13.2" railed carbine, and need something with a tape switch (I keep my VFG pretty far back, using a pad on the light isn't an option with this gun). Since everyone seems to like the G2/G3 lights (and I need something affordable and light on weight-- my gun is off balance enough as it is) I'm thinking about using one of those. Problem is, who makes a good pressure switch for it? I've looked around and all Google turns up is airsoft junk.

ETA: I have just found a Commando Arms Accesories switch, it's more expensive than the TacStar/Airsoft switches ($36), it should work with the G3, and P9 model lights as well, correct? Also, being CAA, is this even up to spec, or am I SOL for using a tape switch with any of Surefire's handheld lights?

I'm thinking about buying a G3 (possibly a 9P) plus a mount for my 13.2" inch railed carbine, running it as far out as it takes for the front of the light to clear the rail, and maybe running a G2 for use with my non-light-railed handguns. Any advice?

Feedback Score
    http://www.actiongear.com/cgi-bin/ta...priorcase=main

I just stumbled across these tailcap/tape switch combos on the BQ website.

One offers strobing and the other offers varialbe levels of light output.

The copy says they are made in South Africa fwiw.

Feedback Score

This page has the led light from the same company and standard tailcaps with the strobing or variable output abilities that will fit on the 6P.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post

This page has the led light from the same company and standard tailcaps with the strobing or variable output abilities that will fit on the 6P.
    I think "strobing" is highly over rated. If anyone thinks they are going to dis-orientate an attacker who has initiated the attack with a "strobe", they should re-think their position.

I wonder if the variable output abilities will add complexity to the system, and the operators "Check List". For an indoor situation, I think that a 6V incandescent is a simple and proven option. For outdoors, I would go with a 9V like the SF M96XXX family. I have used both.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BushmasterFanBoy View Post
    I'm looking to mount a light on my 13.2" railed carbine, and need something with a tape switch (I keep my VFG pretty far back, using a pad on the light isn't an option with this gun). Since everyone seems to like the G2/G3 lights (and I need something affordable and light on weight-- my gun is off balance enough as it is) I'm thinking about using one of those. Problem is, who makes a good pressure switch for it? I've looked around and all Google turns up is airsoft junk.

ETA: I have just found a Commando Arms Accesories switch, it's more expensive than the TacStar/Airsoft switches ($36), it should work with the G3, and P9 model lights as well, correct? Also, being CAA, is this even up to spec, or am I SOL for using a tape switch with any of Surefire's handheld lights?

I'm thinking about buying a G3 (possibly a 9P) plus a mount for my 13.2" inch railed carbine, running it as far out as it takes for the front of the light to clear the rail, and maybe running a G2 for use with my non-light-railed handguns. Any advice?
    If you want a "Hand Held" light that you convert to a "Weapon Light" then you can certainly go to the G2/ G3. If you want a "Real" 6V Weapon light talk to Grant about his Scout Light package. If you rally believe you need a 9V system, consider the M96X family from SF. As far as switches go....stay with the ones that the manufacturer of the light sells. They know their lights better than anyone. There is a LOT of crap out there!

I am assuming that these are for "Real World" situations, so price shouldn't be a factor IMO, just like quality ammo and Mags.

Feedback Score
    I can't imagine putting one of those variable output lights on a weapon. I think it would very impractical. I'm not so sure about the strobing. I was the recipient of some strobe lights when training in Surefire's Lowlight Instructor school. It's pretty damn disorienting.

I'll have a G2L coming after Christmas and I'll probably take my old 6P and upgrade it with a Cree lamp and a Surefire clikie tailcap and call it good. I've used Surefire for years (my 6P is going on 14 years old!) and trust them implicitly.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234