G&R Tactical
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 39 of 39

Thread: Germany adopts G28 DMR rifle

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    57
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by montrala View Post
    No direct impingement rifle was going to go trough standard Warsaw Pact rifle trials (for example for shooting with muzzle clogged with sand) and be enough soldier proof for soviet conscripts.
    RIght. Because youtube isn't full of people beating the ever living shit out of all kinds of grades of ARs including filling them with sand/mud/crap and then shooting magazine after magazine.

    I also don't believe you when you say there is a rifle that can be fired with a clogged barrel and not destroy itself from overpressure.
    Last edited by Don Quijote; 10-13-18 at 16:19.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,633
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Quijote View Post
    including filling them with sand/mud/crap and then shooting magazine after magazine.
    With sand/mud/water in the barrel? No. And do not try this at home, to prove your point. Eyes do not grow back.

    http://www.military.com/video/guns/r.../1192767068001
    Last edited by montrala; 10-15-18 at 08:20. Reason: Link
    Montrala

    I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

    http://montrala.blogspot.com

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    57
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by montrala View Post
    With sand/mud/water in the barrel? No. And do not try this at home, to prove your point. Eyes do not grow back.

    http://www.military.com/video/guns/r.../1192767068001
    It's a marketing video...…….LOL nice proof of nothing

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    CONUS
    Posts
    3,777
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Don Quijote and Montrala - you guys are saying the same thing, it looks like to me. Neither of you advocate firing a rifle with sand/mud/water in the barrel regardless of operating system, correct?

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    57
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    Don Quijote and Montrala - you guys are saying the same thing, it looks like to me. Neither of you advocate firing a rifle with sand/mud/water in the barrel regardless of operating system, correct?
    I'm saying I don't believe this:
    Quote Originally Posted by montrala View Post
    No direct impingement rifle was going to go trough standard Warsaw Pact rifle trials (for example for shooting with muzzle clogged with sand)
    Because I've never seen or heard of a rifle that can be shot with an obstructed barrel and not end up unserviceable.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    CONUS
    Posts
    3,777
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Quijote View Post
    I'm saying I don't believe this:

    Because I've never seen or heard of a rifle that can be shot with an obstructed barrel and not end up unserviceable.
    Ok, got ya. Montrala - from your statement "No direct impingement rifle was going to go through standard Warsaw Pact rifle trials (for example for shooting with muzzle clogged with sand)", is the implication that some non DI rifles were able to shoot with clogged muzzles and emerge undamaged/serviceable during the trials?

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,633
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    non DI rifles were able to shoot with clogged muzzles and emerge undamaged/serviceable during the trials?
    Actual requirement (based on Russian requirements) was that rifle can not malfunction in way that any parts will separate from rifle or cause injury to operator in case of clogged muzzle. That was acceptance threshold. But some particular types in use were still serviceable after such test. Shooting from water was taken as granted. When we get some samples of M16s (most probably from Vietnam), they were put to same durability trials and they did not meet acceptance threshold. This was put on gas system design and built perception that this rifle is unsuitable to use within Warsaw Pact military doctrine. My original comment that Don Quijote digged out was in response to question why M16 was not regarded good rifle on this side of Steel Curtain (and in some NATO countries as well) and it was popularly attributed to DI system (even if in reality it is not as simple).

    Funny thing that after Warsaw Pact ended up and we wanted to join NATO, we never officially adopted M4-ish rilfe. M4A3 and SR16 in use with our Special Forces were adopted "as is" without formal trials. Rest of out small arms (Beryl, HK416, G36, PK, UKM-2000, etc.) meet this standard (at least minimal threshold).

    Quote Originally Posted by Don Quijote View Post
    Because I've never seen or heard of a rifle that can be shot with an obstructed barrel and not end up unserviceable.
    Back in 2011 my friend was teaching class with my rifle. What we finally found out was that he had a squib, cleared malfunction, shot clogged bulled with next one and continued to shoot. It was only after he ended class he noticed damage to the rifle. Take in mind that MR223 has full HK416A2 OTB package and 1" thick barrel.

    https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk416-hk...-my-mr223.html

    Rifle was OK and there was no visible damage to barrel and any other parts beside those described. However my friend replaced rifle for me and he kept using it for several years after that.

    http://montrala.blogspot.com/2011/09...bye-mr223.html
    Last edited by montrala; 10-16-18 at 04:51.
    Montrala

    I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

    http://montrala.blogspot.com

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    CONUS
    Posts
    3,777
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Thanks for the reply, Montrala.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,633
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    Thanks for the reply.
    Anytime. I enjoy your website for long time and added wealth of knowledge to my insight form you
    Montrala

    I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

    http://montrala.blogspot.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •