Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Germany adopts G28 DMR rifle

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lanesmith View Post
    At 17.5 lbs (7.9Kg) unloaded, this thing is retarded as a designated marksman rifle. An AIAWM system (rifle, bipod, and magazine) in 338 LM weighs less. I suspect that Germany will need to medicate their soldiers like they did their Olympic athletes in the 70's to get them to hump that thing.

The rifle as pictured has about 6lbs of crap attached to it. Easy to gain weight when you start out with a 10lb gun. I think a loaded 20RD 308 mag is a LB by itself.

Feedback Score
    Well then, let's go on a diet and start with the choice of optics. Ditch the 3-20X56 scope / T1 package and go with a Leupold MK8 or better yet S&B1-8X when it come out. There is no need for that magnification range for a weapon designed to engage targets out to 600m. Then, ditch the FMNVS which is not needed for a SDM weapon. There - that a good start.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Well then, let's go on a diet and start with the choice of optics. Ditch the 3-20X56 scope / T1 package and go with a Leupold MK8 or better yet S&B1-8X when it come out. There is no need for that magnification range for a weapon designed to engage targets out to 600m. Then, ditch the FMNVS which is not needed for a SDM weapon. There - that a good start.
    Agreed - that optic is a ludicrous exaggeration on a 600m gun.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    At 17.5 lbs (7.9Kg) unloaded, this thing is retarded as a designated marksman rifle. An AIAWM system (rifle, bipod, and magazine) in 338 LM weighs less. I suspect that Germany will need to medicate their soldiers like they did their Olympic athletes in the 70's to get them to hump that thing.
    maybe Hans and Franz will be playing Afghan Duck Hunt!
    Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing lunch, Liberty is a well armed sheep contesting the vote.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FMJ556 View Post
    That's one really heavy looking set up ! So many shades of brown. I wonder why a more uniform color wasn't used.
    Germans are bigger people, so that offsets the weight consideration.

Feedback Score
    Just looking at the handguard, rails are missing from the front end on the sides, where it would be better to place a laser indicator/lluminator and also stopping short on the bottom, I would place the bipod more far out. Can not see any holes either for add on rails?

Feedback Score
    Looks good, basically...

The new S&B 3-20 has a 50 mm objective, not 56 mm. It is too large and heavy for this rifle, but probably the accuracy is more than enough for 800 m shots, and any good zoom optic with more than 10X is not going to be too light.

The T1 is mounted too high and has a funky mount and rings, I wonder if a 45º mount would be better.

The handguard looks innecesarily heavy and long.

I guess it will evolve into something lighter.

Feedback Score
    Yeah that rail looks pretty silly in size and form.

I thought this was the day and age of lighter strong rails instead of solid blocks of metal lol

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by caelumatra View Post
    Yeah that rail looks pretty silly in size and form.

I thought this was the day and age of lighter strong rails instead of solid blocks of metal lol
    Obviously this is that kind of weapon that has good end and bad end, so people can easily see where is bad end and that they do not want to be on bad end
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    I would have probably gone with either of these;

Yes, the red dot is on the top, but I can not put it on the low left side = the large illumination turret on the Short Dot will block it.

And besides with a 1-4x or 1-8x you dont really even need it.

Its just there for competition stages where you might have close in targets followed right away by targets at 150-300 meters, dont have to waste time to adjust the magnification

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast