Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Training in PC's and moisture

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Training in PC's and moisture

I work out and want to start training in my PC on the treadmill.
    What can I wear short of a garbage bag to keep my carrier from getting soaking wet?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Maybe try like a wind breaker or something of the sort. I would just wear whatever and wash the carrier if need be. If you are looking to make you self sweat they do have sauna suits you can wear. The sauna suits are made to keep in moisture.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    ATTENTION: What you just read may very well contain sarcasm! Judge me accordingly.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I do the same thing, and short of a garbage bag, Tyvek rainsuit tops, a sauna suit, neoprene....nothing. If your clothes soak through, they soak through.

Tangent: You didn't state the reason why sweat-soak is a worry, given that sweat and armor are kind of a package deal, so...is the concern that the PC is gonna start stinking? Sweat-salt crystallizing in the cloth and creating weakness in the fibers? Some more background might help generate and focus answers.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Yeah sorry I didn't clarify. Yes its to prevent wear on the plates,armor, and carrier from salts and so I don't have to wash it every time.

Not looking to sweat more, just keep moisture off my stuff.With the extra load, be doing enough extra of that anyways.
    Figured it would be a garbage bag.

I used to work out with a 6 mag LBV and noticed moisture would transfer to my mags and I would get a discoloration on the brass. So I guess this would be another reason.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Why not just get a weighted vest? I don't think they're overly expensive, and they go up to at least 40lbs...plus you won't have people wondering why you're wearing armor and loaded mags to the gym

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    Why not just get a weighted vest? I don't think they're overly expensive, and they go up to at least 40lbs...plus you won't have people wondering why you're wearing armor and loaded mags to the gym
    Because that makes WAY too much since and is too well thought out. Don't you come around here making sense! You take that to a different thread!

But seriously, great idea. I have the 75 lber from http://www.weightvest.com. It is super comfy and very well built.

That may be the reason the OP doesn't want a separate vest...to get used to the (from what I hear) uncomfortable plate carrier... As far as the treadmill/gym thing I was hoping he has his own treadmill at home or that would be a little awkward at the gym.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    ATTENTION: What you just read may very well contain sarcasm! Judge me accordingly.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Go with the Tyvek. It still breathes (kinda) and won't have quite the weird, slick feel of a plastic bag.

A hunting shop in Richmond that I sometimes hit sells a certain tan type as a rainsuit...which is just another way of saying that it's not the white two-piece and onsie arrangements worn by dudes that do fiberglass insulation. So, hunting shops and places like Lowes are likely to have that stuff.

Get a top, cut the sleeves to short-sleeve length so that it doesn't contain more heat than it has to...presuming you wouldn't want it to continue to function as a rainsuit.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Vests in that link were spendy. Yup, will be working out at home. I agree there could be a degree of difficulty going to the gym loaded up.

Plus, those vests kinda looked just as silly as wearing a PC in public.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Find a weight vest that only costs $11, meatheads.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_126376-968-1...ductId=1008379

That's only one example. Add scissors...

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Yeah those are expensive...I'm pretty sure I've seen them at Wal-Mart or sporting goods stores for decent prices. I had the idea of training with a weighted vest a while back, but have put it on the backburner I guess...I'll get into it sometime tho.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast