Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "I clean and work on dem dar guns here" thread

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

"I clean and work on dem dar guns here" thread

The discussion of "real world" AR cleaning (1) got me to thinking about people's personal set up for cleaning, smith work, repairs, etc.

My set up looks like thus:

That's where I clean, and do minor repairs/minor smith work (as I'm not qualified to do anything that would resemble major repairs or smith work...).

Vast majority of my efforts have been with handguns, be it shooting them or cleaning them, so the set up is geared mostly to that, but an AR, shot gun, etc, has been known to pass through.

If not PERSEC for you, I'm sure (as with the AR cleaning thread) it might be interesting and telling to see what people's work space looks like.

Feel free to brag about your 10,000 per hour ultra automated re loading machine.

This seemed as appropriate a section of the forum as any to post this Q/topic.

(1) https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=89318
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Dang Will, apparently everyone said, "No".

I would post a pic, but my coffee table is a mess right now.

ETA (09/24): I was wrong.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I do all of my cleaning and minor work right outside on my deck. It has great light and a great view. I hate when things roll off and get lost though.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Here's a few shots of my "Man Cave".
    The wife keeps saying she's going to put me a cot in it since I spend so much time out there.
    It's too small, 12 x 13 but it's all I got at the moment.

Scoby

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”Thomas Jefferson, quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria in “On Crimes and Punishment”, 1764

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoby View Post
    Here's a few shots of my "Man Cave".
    Now that's a man/gun cave!
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    My "all-purpose" shop. Recent project has been a little Kydex-pressing addition.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I fold a rifle case in half and plunk my ass down on the tile step in front of the TV in the living room.

My shooting tote is my mobile bench which serves as a case trimming center and a brass priming station. Too hot to be out in a garage here in AZ.

My armorers bench is this...

"What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I fold a rifle case in half and plunk my ass down on the tile step in front of the TV in the living room.

My shooting tote is my mobile bench which serves as a case trimming center and a brass priming station. Too hot to be out in a garage here in AZ.

My armorers bench is this...

That's certainly a manly vise.

Although the smell of Hoppe's No. 9 gives me a warm nostalgic feeling, my wife is not fond of it and like most wives, her sense of smell is uncanny. Gun maintenance in the house will usually result in snide comments, especially so on the kitchen table.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    That's certainly a manly vise.

Although the smell of Hoppe's No. 9 gives me a warm nostalgic feeling, my wife is not fond of it and like most wives, her sense of smell is uncanny. Gun maintenance in the house will usually result in snide comments, especially so on the kitchen table.
    How can they not love the smell of cleaning solvents?! I love that smell. GF makes similar comments...
    Last edited by WillBrink; 09-23-11 at 09:25.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Thanks Will. You've got a nice little setup too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    My "all-purpose" shop. Recent project has been a little Kydex-pressing addition.

Now this is what I'm talking about. Really nice. Hope to have something like this setup one day.
    That's a interesting island workbench. Who makes that?

Mark - You like to stay mobile don't you? That is one hell of a vise.
    Scoby

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”Thomas Jefferson, quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria in “On Crimes and Punishment”, 1764

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast