Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Well, I gave Kimber a shot..

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Well, I gave Kimber a shot..

But. several hundred rounds after the "break in" I was still getting FTF's...

I said screw it, you only live once...

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Yeah, a kimber break-in is painful... and feels like pissing money away.

That's a bad ass Wilson though. CQB?

Go bucks! Hopefully they can find some offensive rythm this Sat.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    my girl picks them up at every gun show we go to and looks at me with the brown eyes saying but its so pretty and fits my hand, but it seems that every time I come across something on them it is not positive
    LMT SOPMOD Lower-BCM 14.5 Mid Upper to share Eotech 553 red dot and Magpul BUIS

Baretta PX-4 Storm
    Sig Pro 2022

http://www.snapzsnapz.com/ (best little Photo Booth in Texas)

http://www.irvinphotography-blog.com/

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Tolerances are too tight. I don't know why people (I don't mean YOU guys) claim the guns are crap when the problem is the things are made so damned tight they aren't worth a shit for several hundred rounds. That doesn't make it a shit gun, they're just stupidly tight.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I've had a 1st gen CDP that has NEVER had a single issue and I am only on my second spring. I'm just not seeing all the issues others have. Maybe mine was "sloppy," but I doubt it as it was a custom shop.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BudJr View Post
    Tolerances are too tight. I don't know why people (I don't mean YOU guys) claim the guns are crap when the problem is the things are made so damned tight they aren't worth a shit for several hundred rounds. That doesn't make it a shit gun, they're just stupidly tight.
    I'm not a Kimber owner but I've had several friends that were. That's a string of horror stories for another thread. What I wanted to mention was a I had a Springfield Armory customized several years ago and it was accurized to the point it was so tight I could barely get the slide off.

Now, thousands of rounds and a number of years later, the slide removes with ease. So I guess the point I'm driving at is if my Springfield could be that tight and still perform 100% (With 230 round nose) then there's no reason I can imagine why a factory tightened Kimber would not run just as well. So while I won't say Kimbers are "shit" guns. There's something not being put together right.

All that said my boss has one that he bought last year that runs like a house afire.
    Sig Sauer LE Armorer
    Glock LE Armorer
    Colt AR15/M16 Armorer
    T.O.S.S. (Tactical Officer Survival School) inst. Tom Long
    Vicker's Tactical Pistol 1 & 2 Carbine 1 Advanced carbine Inst. Larry Vickers
    Intermediate pistol Inst. Ken Hackathorn
    Combat Speed Inst. Dave Harrington
    Performance Pistol Inst. Frank Proctor

Feedback Score
    I've had two Kimbers for years with thousands of rounds through each, no problems with either.
    "The 1911 was the design given by God to us through John M. Browning that represents the epitome of what a killing tool needs to be. It was true in 1911 and is true now."—Colonel Robert J. Coates, USMC

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I have had four and each one has had to go back to Kimber at least once. I finally started sending them to Springfield to get fixed. Though not reliable, they have all been very accurate.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BudJr View Post
    Tightness has nothing to do with it. My two 1911s, a Springfield Custom Carry and a Les Baer Concept II, are tighter than any Kimber I've ever handled and they run and run.
    "One can lead a child to knowledge, but one cannot make him think."
    - Robert Heinlein

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    As for the tolerances....it was not as tight as my TRP....which is not quite as tight as the CQB (Close though).

I shot the TRP back to back and it fed everything...hollow point...alluminum Blazer...

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast