Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Well, I gave Kimber a shot..

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I've owned two Kimbers, including a vaunted Series I that I still have. Neither were as reliable as a troublesome Gen4 9mm Glock.

This site's definition of "reliable" encompasses a higher standard than most other gun forums.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmanfms View Post
    It seems apparent to me that the agency is basically a taxpayer-funded gun collecting club.
    Yup. An embarrassment.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    About the ALE in Raleigh, reading the article told me that this outfit lacks department armorers trained to troubleshoot and repair these weapons. Also, the boss lacked the foresight to include factory support for these products, and here I mean that they go to the dept. range and start fixing stuff.

In 1983, the Texas Prison System bought several hundred S&W M-65's which had a high frequency of defective revolvers in the batch. Procedure was that the dept.'s factory trained armorers would inspect and usually repair defects in new weapons. In this case the problem was way too big. Smith sent a team of fitters with supervisors and an engineer to address this issue. I was allowed to watch these masters in action. With great speed they repaired these guns using a screw driver, babbitt bar, and file.

Guys like Iraqgruntz and several other professionals on this forum could have made these guns run, even though this crowd has no business with 1911's even if they did run. I would not want to be in the same room with these officers and their 1911's, which I love.

Feedback Score
    I've owned 3 Kimbers 2 were great, one a series 1 match target had to tight of a chamber and had to go back to be re chambered.
    If any 1911 has failure to feed issues it is usually one of 2 things. 1. Extractor is out of adjustment or 2. bad magazines. Most 1911 owners dont seem to be smart enough to learn how to do a simple extractor adjustment so they come on line and bash whatever maker 1911 they have.
    All that said the only 1911 I still own is a Springfield Loaded Stainless that I completely gutted and replaced all fire control parts, barrel bushing and extractor. I could have sent it back to springfield and had the reliability and 9lb trigger taken care of under waranty but made the decision to do the work myself and couldnt be happier with the results. It has been completely reliable since the work and is as accurate as a Gold Cup. No I do not do many 500rd days and do clean my pistol after a range session as I was taught in the service.
    Would I carry it as a duty gun? In a second.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718