Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I finally found a VZ-58!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I don't know, but you could shoot an email off or call Czechpoint/Dtechnik.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    Any chance that the rear sling mount on the stock is removeable? I noticed that it tends to jiggle around when shooting, and I'd rather it didn't rub anything.

Feedback Score
    Thats a very nice looking rifle you have there sir. Love the wood. I've been trying to find one of those myself. Tell us how it shoots.

Feedback Score
    I'm no rifle shooter, bud I shot it yesterday, and with only about 75yds, I managed a 3" group. I didn't think it was too bad at all, considering the short sight radius, on these. I'm really tempted to run an Aimpont Micro on it!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Very nice rifle.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by YFZsandrider View Post
    The previous owner made it sound like Czechpoint was able to get enough of these funiture sets in, that they could offer a run of them. Any idea if they have done anything prior or since. For reference, he said he bought it from Czechpoint 3 years ago, and paid $900 for it... not sure if that included sales tax and FFL fees, or if Czechpoint charged more for them than they do currently...
    Czechpoint was offering these via their website up until about a year ago at 900, I believe. I considered picking one up at the time, but never did (ultimately decided to go AK anyway) as they just looked so great/classic in the photos. This thread is making me regret not having done so.
    "Eyes have been referred to as the window to the soul, we prefer to think of them as the funnel to the brain." - Mike Shertz, MD
    "Every trigger has a match trigger at the end of all the bullshit.” - Greg Hamilton

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

VZ

Very nice Brother...
    +1 on the NEA/Troy rail set-up, very solid

I am glad to see you aquired a real CZ.....I love mine.

Feedback Score
    very nice 58 congrats, as for the rear sling mount yes they are removable, just remove the screw holding the metal butt plate which also secures the sling mount assembly from falling out. as for the wood stock did it come like that(dark color)? looks to be stained, i thought the original or early wood stocks set are more of a blond color.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bm176 View Post
    very nice 58 congrats, as for the rear sling mount yes they are removable, just remove the screw holding the metal butt plate which also secures the sling mount assembly from falling out. as for the wood stock did it come like that(dark color)? looks to be stained, i thought the original or early wood stocks set are more of a blond color.
    The previous owner said that he bought it exactly like this from Czechpoint about 3 years ago. I had never noticed a real wood stock set, until I got this one, and started looking back through picture threads, but I do love the color and class that the beautiful wood has.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by YFZsandrider View Post
    The previous owner said that he bought it exactly like this from Czechpoint about 3 years ago. I had never noticed a real wood stock set, until I got this one, and started looking back through picture threads, but I do love the color and class that the beautiful wood has.
    absolutely, that color is very nice goes perfect with the color of the rifle(black). found some info regarding your stock yes czech point only had so many original beech wood stocks back in 09 which were actually refinished hence the darker color as to the blond color of beech wood.
    picked this up recently, vz 2008 w/wood stock not sure if its original or repro..but cracked the top HG tryin to remove it

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast