Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: M16 Still in Service

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Must be an Air Force thing Steve. There are odd rules for some.
    Last edited by ffhounddog; 05-21-12 at 10:37.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wayner View Post
    I think the Colt 9mm AR has that twist ratio.
    Hes asking about the video, and yes it's an AR-18.

Feedback Score
    13 (93%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    Decodeddies I went to the Wick too. Did you ever get to see the Singer 1911! That gun made me salavate we even got to shoot it .

Guys check out this thread for some old warriors still in action.

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=58837

Here is the rollmark of the the gun we received last year. It now has a BCM 11.5" upper on it.

Absolutely amazing what Uncle Sugar has stashed away in bunkers all over the states. That Rifle looks factory fresh.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I agree. The only thing that threw me was the BCG with grooves for a forward assist.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    I really wish that the government would sell these old M16 guns as pre-'86 transferable guns.

If they released a shitload of 'em at the same time I'd be able to score one at a decent price.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Salad0892 View Post
    I really wish that the government would sell these old M16 guns as pre-'86 transferable guns.

If they released a shitload of 'em at the same time I'd be able to score one at a decent price.
    I agree! The paperwork on that gun has a big red stamp stating it is not transferable. Bummer! It has a 322,000 serial number!
    Last edited by usmcvet; 12-30-12 at 13:00.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by steve--oh View Post
    What? My M4 was auto. About half the platoons was.
    Could be an AF specific issue/order.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    We have a few of the a1s at my dept... sweet shooters and fun for sure with the fun switch! Trying to get detective to issue me one so i can tinker...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    Anniston Al. where AR's go to die. I was unfortunate enough to be given a demonstration on how they are destroyed. The handguards and buttstock are removed and the rest of the rifle is dropped into a hopper, underneath is a machine called "Capt. Crunch" which has a set of cams similar to an automotive cam which the rifle is fed through. At the bottom of the machine is a large trough that collects all the scrap metal, any part bigger than 1" is tossed back in. Truly a disgusting waste of fine firearms and my tax $$$.
    A few months after my visit I heard they had fed "Capt.Crunch" some M14's, having a receiver that is a lot tougher than an AR caused some serious damage to the evil Capt. which took many months to repair, further reinforcing my belief in "karma".

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345