Thread: Pressure switch mounting?

Feedback Score

Pressure switch mounting?

I'm mounting one of Grant's WG6D lights to my PS90 and was wondering what everyone's using to secure the wire (if at all) to their rifles. I realize the actual pressure pad will have the velcro attached but I like things neat and clean and want the wire tucked away. I'm thinking black 90mph tape, but if there are better options out there I'm all for it.

Thanks,
    Chris

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CPR
    I'm mounting one of Grant's WG6D lights to my PS90 and was wondering what everyone's using to secure the wire (if at all) to their rifles. I realize the actual pressure pad will have the velcro attached but I like things neat and clean and want the wire tucked away. I'm thinking black 90mph tape, but if there are better options out there I'm all for it.

Thanks,
    Chris
    1. Don't use tape. It'll turn into sticky mess especially once you've heated it up a few times.

2. Remember that you'll need to be able change the batteries every once in a while so whatever you use needs to allow for that.

I personally like dark colored twist ties from a loaf of bread.

Feedback Score
    Good point. I hadn't thought of that. I have some beefy black zip ties I may try, or are they susceptible to heat as well?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Zip ties.. cheap, Plentiful, comes in different colors. Fairly good heat resistance. Allows you to try different configurations .

Don't mess with tape. under even heat from direct sunlight the adhesive gets oozy and makes a mess and the tape starts to slip.

Feedback Score
    Thanks Harv. That's the route I took. It looks good and does the job.

C

Feedback Score
    I use bicycle inner tubes cut sideways in 1/2-1" strips to make large rubber bands. They stay in place, can be repositioned or removed easily and will secure pressure pads, wires or whatever and if you drop by a bike shop, they'll likely give you a damaged one for free.