Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dedicated Suppressed SBR *Does not function: Update Page 4*

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    Personally, I would love to have a setup (sans switchblock) that will shoot suppressed and unsuppressed without all the gas blowback.
    300 BLK. With supersonic the cyclic rate went up a bit more than 100 rpm from unsuppressed. You will not get a 5.56 SBR to run well unsuppressed and not gas you suppressed without some adjustable gas system.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    300 BLK. With supersonic the cyclic rate went up a bit more than 100 rpm from unsuppressed. You will not get a 5.56 SBR to run well unsuppressed and not gas you suppressed without some adjustable gas system.
    Todd, just wondering if you have ever shot one of your 10.5" with switchblock turned to the suppressed setting without a suppressor attached? What were the results?

Spoke with Joel today, and he says the SB "suppressed" setting is about a .064 port size. From what I surmise from Grant's thread, this port size will cycle the bolt, but may or may not lock back on the last round. Haven't gotten a chance to test the theory (since I don't own either the SB/barrel or suppressor), but was wondering if you have?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Kinda shitty, Fedex is bass ackwards and now its saying I won't get my package until Wednesday of next week.

In any case, I can use a charging handle from another AR and fire it without the rail this weekend.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post

I am curious to see if it will function unsuppressed. I have an H and H2 buffer and some PMC Bronze and PMC X-tac with which to test it.
    Don't know about that ammo, but assuming you use some 5.56, the upper will run, but might not lock back (which really isn't that important).

IMHO, if the bolt locks back, you have to much gas (assuming you are after a semi-dedicated suppressed weapon).

C4
    Last edited by C4IGrant; 09-29-11 at 11:17.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Personally, I would love to have a setup (sans switchblock) that will shoot suppressed and unsuppressed without all the gas blowback.
    Shoot! My 14.5 carbine gas system barrel almost never gasses me out. I never even think about it. I run it 80% unsupressed.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    10.5" with switchblock turned to the suppressed setting without a suppressor attached? What were the results?
    Short stroke. Depending on the ammo and buffer it might eject.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Don't know about that ammo, but assuming you use some 5.56, the upper will run, but might not lock back (which really isn't that important).

IMHO, if the bolt locks back, you have to much gas (assuming you are after a semi-dedicated suppressed weapon).

C4
    XTAC is supposedly equivalent to M855, however I would like to use some 5.56 Federal M193 to be sure I am using what is arguably one of the hottest commercially available 5.56 loads.

Thats good to know about the bolt locking back. Once I get everything put together I will test both with and without the can, many different types of ammo and buffer combinations.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I have something very similar. It will NOT run with anything unsuppressed. It's overgassed with an A5 buffer and a Ranger 2. I need to order a heavier buffer.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanB View Post
    I have something very similar. It will NOT run with anything unsuppressed. It's overgassed with an A5 buffer and a Ranger 2. I need to order a heavier buffer.
    What does "very similar" mean?

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Can't be that similar...I wouldn't call a .062 gas port 'overgassed'

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast