Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dedicated Suppressed SBR *Does not function: Update Page 4*

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I have a DD 10.3 barrel with AAC breakout. The gun runs 100% unsuppressed semi and full auto. It always locks back on the last round. I am waiting for my Mini4 paperwork to clear so I can pick it up. I am curious to see how it will run suppressed and what if anything I need to do to make it 100%. I have accumulated a bunch of different springs and buffers to try if necessary.
    Last edited by CoryCop25; 09-29-11 at 20:32.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by munch520 View Post
    Can't be that similar...I wouldn't call a .062 gas port 'overgassed'
    Exactly why I asked...

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    I have a DD 10.3 barrel with AAC breakout. The gun runs 100% unsuppressed. It always locks back on the last round. I am waiting for my Mini4 paperwork to clear so I can pick it up. I am curious to see how it will run suppressed and what if anything I need to do to make it 100%. I have accumulated a bunch of different springs and buffers to try if necessary.
    Is it a standard port size? If so, it will run just fine...just overgassed.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    Is it a standard port size? If so, it will run just fine...just overgassed.
    Yes, standard DD CHF 10.3. I didn't have anything cut down. The barrel was the first item I bought when I started the build. The recoil is non existent and it runs really smooth. I am just curious to see how much gas I am going to get when I finally get the can on there.
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    Yes, standard DD CHF 10.3. I didn't have anything cut down. The barrel was the first item I bought when I started the build. The recoil is non existent and it runs really smooth. I am just curious to see how much gas I am going to get when I finally get the can on there.
    I don't think it will be as much with the Mini as it would with say a M42K, but as soon as you get it, I would LOVE to hear a range report. Especially how the Mini sounds on the 10.3"!

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Me too...I'm stuck between the M42k and the mini4. Would really like to hear firsthand comparisons.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I don't think it will be as much with the Mini as it would with say a M42K, but as soon as you get it, I would LOVE to hear a range report. Especially how the Mini sounds on the 10.3"!
    My SOT said around December for the NFA to clear. I plan on doing a lot of reporting on it due to some parts that were provided to me by Jason at Mega and my ability to run it in full auto. I am still kicking around getting a bigger can for the 10.3 and using the Mini4 on my patrol rifle. I have been finding myself in buildings with my patrol rifle much more often lately.

EURODRIVER,
    very nice so far! I am eager to see it with the Centurion rail.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanB View Post
    I have something very similar. It will NOT run with anything unsuppressed. It's overgassed with an A5 buffer and a Ranger 2. I need to order a heavier buffer.
    Huh? Overgassed means it will cycle unsuppressed.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    I have run Wolf, PMC, PMC Bronze, S&B, and XM 193 through my 10.5" Noveske. All run great unsuppressed with an H and an H2 buffer. I had to go up to an H3 for suppressed use. I will most likely get a Switch Block because the gas is quite bad after multiple shots. Slow fire is not to bad. I am running an M4-2000. The Mini 4 really has my attention though.

Jeremy

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    What does "very similar" mean?
    10.8" barrel, .062" port. Wolf cycles fine through it (my usual test for an overly generous port) and brass is ejected quite hard. It is barely dirtier than an unsuppressed gun though.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast